Can you help me understand the Catholic faith?

I’m a non denominational believer. My wife is catholic. Basically alot of things she tells me are fishy and very strange…like not believing that man at his core is evil and without christ we can do nothing good. I’m not sure what the catholic faith has to say about it. I married her because she believed that Jesus died for us and he is our mediator and covers us in his shed blood. To me that is the most important thing in faith. I believe the problems and divisions in the church are merely the work of satan. Using our own pride against us for division. Does not paul say do not dispute over doubtful things? Anyway my point being we argue alot about it and I don’t want division in my marriage she believes that i was raised protestant and just detest the catholic church which is totally unfounded. I just don’t know much about the catholic church I just know that I believe what the bible says. She tells me im not educated enough to pickup the bible and interpret it for myself. Regardless. the point of this lengthy message is to ask a reliable source that she will trust, what is the basic theology of catholicism? I know your probably just as busy as the next guy especially since you probably answer these questions in your spare time. If you could just direct me to a reliable website/source to investigate read educate myself on I would appreciate it. Thank you and God bless

These links should give you the answers that you need. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by this, please contact Catholic Answers directly.
Recommended Reading:

[LIST]
*]God’s Love for You
*]“What’s Your Authority?”
*]Scriptural Reference Guide
*]Pillar of Fire, Pillar of Truth
*]The Real Presence
*]Making Sense of Mary
*]Born Again - The Bible Way
*]Assurance of Salvation?
*]Saint Worship?
*]The Intercession of the Saints
*]Is Mary’s and the saints’ intercession unbiblical?
*]What is the biblical reason Catholics pray to saints for intercession?
*]Why Catholicism Is Preferable to Protestantism?
*]Is Purgatory in the Bible?
*]Call No Man “Father”?
*]Hunting the Whore of Babylon
*]The Whore of Babylon
[/LIST]
Suggested Reading:

[LIST]
*]Hail, Holy Queen: The Mother of God in the Word of God by Scott Hahn
*]Rome Sweet Home: Our Journey to Catholicism by Scott Hahn and Kimberly Hahn
*]Angels and Saints: A Biblical Guide to Friendship with God’s Holy Ones by Scott Hahn
*]A Biblical Walk Through The Mass: Understanding What We Say And Do In The Liturgy by Edward Sri
*]The Protestant’s Dilemma: How the Reformation’s Shocking Consequences Point to the Truth of Catholicism by Devin Rose
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.