Can you in all conscience ?

Go to Mass, receive the Body & Blood of Jesus, knowing that your supposed to be in Communion with the Blessed Trinity, and still vote for a pro-abortion politician, knowing too well the words of Jesus,*** ? " Let the little children come to Me, if anyone scandalizes anyone of these little ones, it would be far better for them to tie a milestone round their necks & cast it into the depths of the sea…*** Jesus wouldn’t vote for a pro-abortionist !

I couldn’t, which is why Romney and Obama won’t get my vote.

Peace and God bless!

YES, Yes I can!!

Regarding Jesus and voting- I hope he had his ID on him otherwise. . . . .

You can vote for whosever stance is closer to life.

No one altogether opposed to abortion is a candidate in the current election.

GB, ICXC NIKA

I don’t see Obama and Romney as anywhere close to equal on the pro-life scoreboard. Obama favors abortion through 9 months of pregnancy. Romney accepts a few rare exceptions, comprising less than 1% of abortions.

There are over one million abortions a year. I know which one would mitigate the killing as opposed to enabling it.

I couldn’t…they never recognized Him first time, ID or not…

Or you can vote Third Party (which is not “stealing away” a vote from the Big Parties).

Yes, and that’s sad, as one who holds children close to my heart it’s unbelievable…

Correct me if I’m wrong, but Romney only believes abortion to moral in extreme cases, like a rape or medical issues? Obama believes it is a woman’s right to choose for any reason.

Thanks for the info, I’m not up to date with what is happening over there, (apart from the occasional news/internet snippet.
I suppose the only time I’ll stop posting and protesting about it is when it isn’t happening…sooner rather than later.…not that it only happens in the USA, it happens in Ireland too, only the poor unfortunate girls have progressed to planes instead of boats to have IT done :mad:

Not much to pick from there either though, is there?

I only believe in murdering the slow kids. :shrug:

I won’t vote for anyone who supports murdering babies; I’m not telling you that you can’t.

Peace and God bless!

Hey are we related :slight_smile: ok on a serious note, if that’s Romneys position, then what is the policy for children allowed to breathe the breath of life ? I mean if any of our children become disabled due to ilness or accident, shall we put them down ? :shrug: never going to buy into their policy…as for me, I don’t see any difference between a 5 month baby that survived than a 5 month baby who wasn’t good enough to breathe the air we all do…

The Catholic Church states that “[a]s Catholics, we are not single issue voters. A candidate’s position on a single issue is not sufficient to guarantee a voter’s support. Yet a candidate’s position on a single issue that involves an intrinsic evil, such as abortion or the promotion of racism, may legitimately lead a voter to disqualify a candidate from receiving support.” (Forming Consciences for Faithful Citizenship).

So it’s really up to you if you want to vote for Obama still even though he is very pro-choice. Anything the Catholic Church says about politics is an argument that just goes in circles. Even though the Catholic Church calls abortion an “intrinsic evil”, they still say it’s okay to vote for pro-choice candidates.

Don’t look to Catholic dogma or teaching as how you’re going to vote as you’ll get nothing accomplished. Look inside your own heart to what candidate you feel is best.

[quote="cschuck320, post:15, topic:297706"]
The Catholic Church states that "[a]s Catholics, we are not single issue voters. A candidate's position on a single issue is not sufficient to guarantee a voter's support. Yet a candidate's position on a single issue that involves an intrinsic evil, such as abortion or the promotion of racism, may legitimately lead a voter to disqualify a candidate from receiving support." (Forming Consciences for Faithful Citizenship).

So it's really up to you if you want to vote for Obama still even though he is very pro-choice. Anything the Catholic Church says about politics is an argument that just goes in circles. Even though the Catholic Church calls abortion an "intrinsic evil", they still say it's okay to vote for pro-choice candidates.

Don't look to Catholic dogma or teaching as how you're going to vote as you'll get nothing accomplished. Look inside your own heart to what candidate you feel is best.

[/quote]

Think you misinterpreted what the Church said.....

My yardstick is would Jesus ok voting for murder ? you decide......

Yeah, but do they have a real chance of winning?

False.

Virgil Goode, Constitution Party.
ontheissues.org/Virgil_Goode.htm

Barack Obama is blatantly anti-baby.

Mitt Romney has never legislated any pro-life measure.
He has legislated plenty of pro-abortion measures,.
Significantly, he legislated tax payer funded abortion two years after his so called conversion.

Jill Stein is blatantly anti-baby.

Gary Johnson talks anti-baby rhetoric, yet has actually legislated pro-life measures.

3…2…1…
Here comes the thread shutdown.

Barack Obama is blatantly anti-baby.

Mitt Romney has never legislated any pro-life measure.
He has legislated plenty of pro-abortion measures,.
Significantly, he legislated tax payer funded abortion two years after his so called conversion.

Jill Stein is blatantly anti-baby.

Gary Johnson talks anti-baby rhetoric, yet has actually legislated pro-life measures.

So it’s true… " Beware of those that bare the teeth".

Some babies are more expendable than others? I would think that God’s judgement is more righteous than Romney’s.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.