Can you personally request to receive the Eucharist?

I attend a youth group every week, and we are planning to participate in a 30-hour famine to raise money for starving people in Africa. We’re going to spend the day-and-a-half together praying and doing various other activites. When the famine ends, I thought it would be a really neat idea to instead of just pigging out on pizza to have to first thing my body receives be the Eucharist. But it will be at 7 on Saturday night, and no parishes around here have Mass that late. If I asked my parish priest, do you think he could (or would) give me Communion personally, or does that not sound like a good or possible idea?

It sounds like a lovely idea. You can certainly request it and see if the priest would be willing to do so. But I recommend asking your pastor if either he or a priest he knows would be willing to close the “famine” with a Mass for your youth group. That way all of your fellow participants might be able to receive the Eucharist as well.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.