Can you pray for this?

I am Catholic, but I’m not as close to God as I would like to be and I don’t know everything about my religion. I am working on both of those things though. I was just wondering if you can ask God for something specific to happen. I really feel called to do something for the men and women who serve our country. I don’t think I am strong enough serve so I would like to do something for them. I was thinking about starting a foundation or organization or something like that, but I don’t know how to go about doing that and what I could do.
Now, for the specific part. I was watching something on TV and it was about Kellie Pickler going overseas on a USO tour. She was able to sing for the troops, but they also gave her a tour of what they do, where they live, and all of the weapons and tankers they use. I saw this and then I thought of something that I wish would happen. I want to go with her on her next USO tour to be able to thank the troops and be able to see what it is like over there. Kellie said the experience changed her life and I know it would do the same for me. And then maybe we could start a foundation or something because then I would be working with someone already known and maybe we would get more donations and things like that. And just so you know, I don’t want to do this to meet Kellie Pickler, I want to do it because I want to give back to those who made the ultimate sacrifice in putting their lives on the line to protect people they don’t even know. I know this sounds crazy, but it’s weird because I can kind of picture it happening. Am I allowed to pray that this will happen and if so, then can you pray for me too?

Thanks!

Praying that God gives you the resources and strength to help those who serve.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying that God’s will be done!

Itstough216,

I would say that you can pray for anything as long as it is out of humble love. I think it is best to ask for the will of God to be revealed to you. He knows your heart and your talents. Let God work through you and you will be amazed at the results. So, the following prayer seems appropriate:

Dear Lord,

I do not know what will happen to me today
I only know that nothing will happen that was
not forseen by You and directed to my greater good
for all eternity
I adore Your holy and unfathomable plans
And submit to them with all my heart
for love of You, the pope, and the Immaculate Heart of Mary
Amen.

I ask that God’s will is lived in your life, and that the decisions you make will be those God knows to be thus.

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

I pray for you to more fully know God’s will…

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

As time goes by His Plan for you and how your energy is to be directed will become clearer.

Praying for your wish to come true. There is something called Adopt a Service Man or Woman that you can do. Let me get you the website

arm-me-mom.tripod.com//index.html

Just go to Support Links and you will find ways that you can support them. For your good thought here is a Hail Mary for you.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Praying that God’s will be done :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.