Can you suggest a prayer?

I’d like to find a special prayer for my Protestant friend to pray before she reads Catholic apologetics materials. Something that will ask the Holy Spirit to help her recognize the truth of Catholicism, or to open her heart to truth…something like that, anyway. Any ideas?

Come, Holy Spirit

Come Holy Spirit, and fill the hearts of your faithful, and kindle in them the fire of Your Divine Love. Send forth Your Spirit and they shall be created, and You shall renew the face of the earth. Oh God, Who by the light of the Holy Spirit instructed the hearts of the faithful, Grant, that by the same Spirit we may be truly wise and ever rejoice in His consolation. We ask this through Christ Our Lord. Amen.

I use this prayer before reading Sacred Scripture.

Prayer of Consecration to the Holy Spirit

O Holy Spirit, divine Spirit of light and love, I consecrate to you my intellect, my heart, my will and my whole being for time and for eternity. May my intellect be ever docile to your heavenly inspiration and to the teaching of the Holy Catholic Church of which you are the infallible guide. May my heart be ever inflamed with the love of God and neighbor, may my will be ever in conformity with the divine will and may my whole life be a faithful imitation of the life and virtues of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, to whom, with the Father and Holy Spirit be honor and glory forever. Amen

Lily Marlene
:blessyou:

Here’s one I like, which came from a holy card:

** O Holy Spirit, beloved of my soul, … I adore You.

Enlighten me, guide me, strengthen me, console me.

Tell me what I should do… give me Your orders.

I promise to submit myself to all that You desire of me and to accept all that You permit to happen to me.

Let me only know Your will.**

Or this one, short and sweet:

Holy Spirit, Sweet guest of My Soul, Abide In Me
and Grant That I May Ever abide in Thee.

You may also find something on this website:
catholictradition.org/Tradition/holy-ghost7.htm#FAITH

Hope this is helpful!

I have a Scripture that I prayed as a prayer during the time I was investigating the Catholic faith as a Protestant (this Easter Vigil will be my 10th year as a Catholic)

Proverbs 3:5-6, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and he shall direct your paths.”

Holy Spirit, powerful Consoler, sacred Bond of the Father and Son, Hope of the afflicted, descend into my heart and establish in it Your loving dominion. Enkindle in my tepid soul the fire of Your Love so that I may be wholly subject to you.
We believe that when You dwell in us, You also prepare a dwelling for the Father and the Son. Deign, therefore, to come to me, Consoler of abandoned souls, and Protector of the needy. Help the afflicted, stengthen the weak, and support the wavering.
Come and purify me. Let no evil desire take possession of me. You love the humble and resist the proud. Come to me, glory of the living, and hope of the dying. Lead me by Your grace that I may always be pleasing to you.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.