Can you suggest prayers to prepare for marriage?

My fiance and I are looking for a novena to do that would be appropriate for each of us separately and then one for us together. For him, so far I found St. Joseph. What can you recommend for women?

Also, we are going to do a devotion to the Blessed Mother during the Nuptial Mass. Are there specific prayers that are typically said or do we make up our own? What is a good thing to ask for?

Since your fiance will be praying to St. Joseph, you might wish to pray to the Blessed Mother. The Immaculate Conception novena is one possibility. As a possibility for a novena to pray together, you might try the Efficacious Novena to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.

As for the prayers to the Blessed Mother during the Nuptial Mass, you are free to choose anything you like. One possibility for a formal prayer might be the Memorare. As for a prayer intention, that too you are free to choose from whatever you think appropriate. One possibility appropriate to the occasion might be for purity within marriage.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.