Canada’s teen birth and abortion rate drops by 36.9 per cent

I wonder what the Pope would think about these measurable and very obvious positive benefits to teaching teenagers about artificial birth control?

theglobeandmail.com/life/canadas-teen-birth-and-abortion-rate-drops-by-369-per-cent/article1581673/

'In comparison to the United States, we tend to have a more balanced, sensible approach to adolescent sexual health. Generally speaking what you find is that the more a society has an accepting attitude toward the reality of adolescent sexuality, the lower the teen pregnancy rate is. Canadians tend to have a more relaxed attitude towards adolescent sexuality than people in the United States.”

Mr. McKay said America’s emphasis on abstinence-only sex ed “tends to result in a higher percentage of teens becoming pregnant,” as does the country’s lack of universal health care. Poverty is another factor.

…“Teenage women in Canada are not more or less likely to be sexually active than they were 10 or 15 years ago. The difference is that we have seen a steady increase in the percentage of sexually active young women who are using contraception. That comes mainly in increases in condom use but also increases in birth control.”

Do you believe a mother concieving a child is a bad thing? If so, why?

Regardless of what the Protest sects or secular media will tell you, Christians cannot support birth control under any circumstances. This is a non-negotiable teaching of Christianity. Obedience to the will of God (which includes conception) is required of all at all times without question. This is a teaching of Jesus Christ.

It’s far better for the young teenaged mother to avoid the pregnancy all together by using artificial birth control.

I believe that the decrease is due to abstinance amongst young women who are cluing in to what the sexual revolution was really about-men having “guilt-free” and meaningless recreational sex.

I can't read what Zatzat is saying because I among others have placed her on "ignore",just bear in mind she is a self-avowed Atheist and take it from there.

Why? Is there something wrong with a mother concieving a child? If so, what?

Why do you seem to frown upon the conception but not the fornication and lustful hedonism that led to the unplanned pregnancy to begin with?

Why is “artificial birth control” the only aspect you seem to have embraced as a means of preventing “young teenaged mothers” (good attempt to pull on subjective emotions by the way) from concieving?

Both of your posts thus far seem to be nothing more than embracing and perpetuating the liberal/progressive agenda.

The question you need to be asking is why these young men and women are having sex out of wedlock to begin with. If it’s not for conception, the only other reason it can possibly be for is the unbridled pursuit of hedonistic pleasure, which, as I’m sure you can figure out on your own, is not a recipe for succesful society.

Your entire prespective is misguided as it is based on subjectivity and relativism.

Except you’d be wrong, from the story;

’ “Teenage women in Canada are not more or less likely to be sexually active than they were 10 or 15 years ago. The difference is that we have seen a steady increase in the percentage of sexually active young women who are using contraception.’

(Audience ROARS it’s approval!!!):thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Single teenaged mothers conceiving children is wrought with problems that are best avoided with contraception.

Why do you seem to frown upon the conception but not the fornication and lustful hedonism that led to the unplanned pregnancy to begin with?

It’s what people have always done and always will do.

Why is “artificial birth control” the only aspect you seem to have embraced as a means of preventing “young teenaged mothers” (good attempt to pull on subjective emotions by the way) from concieving?

Testable, measurable and it’s proven to work. Did you read the story?

The question you need to be asking is why these young men and women are having sex out of wedlock to begin with.

It’s because people have always done it and will always do it, until the end of time.

If it’s not for conception, the only other reason it can possibly be for is the unbridled pursuit of hedonistic pleasure, which, as I’m sure you can figure out on your own, is not a recipe for succesful society.

However, it is what people do…everywhere on earth.

Your entire prespective is misguided as it is based on subjectivity and relativism.

No, my perspective is steeped in the acceptance of reality and how to effectively manage the reality.

Why is the only “effective management” synthetic hormones and steriods that do nothing but legitimize fornication and hedonism?

I guess self-control, respect for ones self and accepting the consequences of ones actions are no longer options these days according to your worldview?

Interesting.

The responses here are very interesting indeed.

There is reality, and there is wishes and hopes and dreams and fantasy.

(Audience roars Louder!!!Bravo!!!Author,Author!!!)

Zatzat,

First, are you wondering what the Pope will think or telling him what he should think?

Second, there are lies, dam lies and statistics. I question anything i read in the paper and doubly question anything that uses statistics to support its conclusion. Could it be that Canada and America include people with vastly different socio-economic backgrounds?

Third, where is this “abstinence only” education that the US is so well known for? Even if there was a school district that taught abstinence only all you have to do is turn on the television or open a magazine or watch our politicians to see that we, as a nation, don’t really mean it. Kids aren’t stupid they know deeds count more than words.

So Zakzak, i am wondering what you think when you realize that no Christian Church before 1930 thought contraception was permissible?

as far as abortion, there is a reason Roe v Wade came ten years after the contraception court case. Once men understood they can live in extended adolescence with sex without commitment or consequences…they force women to seal the deal by making sure there will be NO consequences…and here we are today…experiencing the joys contraception.

btw most contraceptives including the pill, IUD, shot etc. are actually abortificients…atleast part of the time they don’t prevent conception…they prevent a fertilized egg from implanting or thriving.

I can guarantee you he would still (and still does) condemn the use of artificial birth control. also many artificial birth control methods also involve the use of abortificatints

Believe me Zatzat does not speak for all Canadians.Hers is an atheistic/secularist/materialist perspective.

She is totally missing the fact that the Catholic school system(Which teaches Chasity)is growing by leaps and bounds in Ontario at least while the public school system shrinks as parents(non-Catholic)are opting for Catholic education which academically and morally is superior to the public school system.

These parents are sick of the secular approach to Life and Chastity.So it’s no wonder abortion rates are declining.Chastity for both young men and women is becoming more acceptable and something to strive for.

Both systems are funded by the taxpayer due to a religious education codicil in the British North America Act.

All religious schools should be funded as well.

The stats on chastity haven’t changed, only the stats on use of contraception on a regular basis. That’s why the teen pregnancy/abortion rates have decreased.

Soutane…I’m a man, so there will be no more of you referring to me as a female.

As I said, if you’d read the article, girls are having no more or no less sex than they were 15 yeras ago…rather, they’re using more contraception while having sex =

less pregnancies and less abortions.

You have an opinion that is wrong, either post the evidence related to Canadian females that back up your claim ( as I’ve done) or stop asserting that which is incorrect.

If you’d noticed, the Catholic poster above, has also corrected you.

Stating something doesn’t prove it.What I evindenced was logical.

If they’re using the IUD or the Pill, pregnancy and abortion rates have not decreased. They’re happening earlier in the pregnancy at a time that is difficult to measure. Notably absent from this report is the correlation between unchastity and STDs…another sign of “reproductive health”.

Logical to you, but your opinion is completely contrary to the facts, the reality and the data.

Is that really what could be defined as logical, when a person insists they’re correct, despite the overwhelming evidence that clearly shows that they’re wrong?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.