Canada: Support of same-sex law may cost PM spiritually

Support of same-sex law may cost PM spiritually

September 30. 2005

ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20050930/
vaticansynod_samesexeucharist_20050930/20050930?hub=TopStories

CTV.ca News Staff

Prime Minister Paul Martin may have to pay a spiritual price for
leading the charge to legalize same-sex marriage in Canada.

The Holy Communion ceremony of taking bread and wine, seen as the
body and blood of Jesus Christ, is considered the most blessed of all
Roman Catholic sacraments.

Deciding whether politicians who support laws that contravene church
teachings should still be allowed to take communion is one of the
subjects up for discussion when Roman Catholic bishops gather for the
synod at the Vatican. . . .

And the prime minister said Friday that gay marriage is not an issue
of faith – but of fundamental human rights.

“I believe in the Charter of Rights, and I do not believe the prime
minister can cherry pick those rights,” Martin said in Vancouver.

Father John Walsh, the town priest in Martin’s working class Montreal
riding of LaSalle-Émard, told CTV News he’ll continue to give the
sacrament no matter what the Vatican decides . . .

From her perspective as a former nun turned Catholic pro-choice
activist, Joanna Manning says the church’s staunch moral code is
dividing believers.

“The church now has been very severely polarized,” she told CTV . . .

[continued]

Good I say, Paul Martins the biggest hypocrite ever. I dont like him…at all.

The link above does not work without editing. Here is a link that works:
Church may penalize PM for same-sex marriage law
The Vatican needs to come down hard on these politicians. As for the priest in the story that will defy the Vatican and still give him communion. Come down on him hard too. It is time to squash dissent on all sides.

PF

Would have liked to hve read the rest of the story, but thelink didn’t work…

Paul Martin is leading Canadians to hell faster than the devil himself could if he were running our country. Our gay marriage law is only the beginning of a very slippery slope that will spin off all kinds of other immoral practices that will later become law.

[quote=paramedicgirl]Would have liked to hve read the rest of the story, but thelink didn’t work…

Paul Martin is leading Canadians to hell faster than the devil himself could if he were running our country. Our gay marriage law is only the beginning of a very slippery slope that will spin off all kinds of other immoral practices that will later become law.
[/quote]

Not to mention they’re talking about making euthanasia legal aswell.

Is it me or do the photos accompanying the CTV story try to make Pope Benedict appear doddering and PM Martin appear heroic?

Sheesh :rolleyes:

[quote=Evangel]Is it me or do the photos accompanying the CTV story try to make Pope Benedict appear doddering and PM Martin appear heroic?

Sheesh :rolleyes:
[/quote]

It is not you. It is typical of the tactics of the MSM and they are being made to pay for their tactics. Less and less are buying their product. Soon they will have to change or go the way of the dinosaurs.

BTW. A good example of this is being discussed here:
A Protest Photo, contextualized.
PF

Funny how these 2 pictures resemble each other.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a0/Leninposter.jpg

Soviet poster reads: Lenin lived, Lenin lives, Lenin will live!

Mirror (flip horizontal) the above poster and you get the Paul Martin one

I dont get that picture…Paul martin where?

[quote=canadianlife]I dont get that picture…Paul martin where?
[/quote]

http://images.ctv.ca/archives/CTVNews/img2/20050930/160X_martin_samesex_050930.jpg

images.ctv.ca/archives/CTVNews/img2/20050930/160X_martin_samesex_050930.jpg

He need to be excommunicated ASAP, so that he can no long say he’s a “strong Catholic”

[quote=abcdefg]He need to be excommunicated ASAP, so that he can no long say he’s a “strong Catholic”
[/quote]

Sorry shouldn’t judge him, maybe he meant he had a strong body instead of a strong faith.

[quote=paramedicgirl]Would have liked to hve read the rest of the story, but thelink didn’t work…

[/quote]

The slippery slope is way too late…too many Canadians do not care whatsoever as long as it doesn’t affect them.

We need to hear Fr John Corapi’s prophetic voice right here…we need to repent and return to the original spiritual values the country once had…but I fear it wouldn’t help…:crying:

[quote=dts]From her perspective as a former nun turned Catholic pro-choice
activist, Joanna Manning says the church’s staunch moral code is
dividing believers.
[/quote]

Yes, this former nun is correct, this is dividing the believers from the unbelievers. :eek:

Kotton :thumbsup:

[quote=WanderAimlessly]It is not you. It is typical of the tactics of the MSM and they are being made to pay for their tactics. Less and less are buying their product. Soon they will have to change or go the way of the dinosaurs.

BTW. A good example of this is being discussed here:A Protest Photo, contextualized.
PF
[/quote]

Off topic, but what is MSM? Mainstream media?

I found a group in a website called Care2.com which the group is Called Progressive Catholics.

They even reject scriptures as outdated. It is so hypocrytical.

I’m voting conservative.

I imagine Martin will be re-elected in a minority government, however, due to scare mongering.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.