Canadian Man Builds Himself Robot Girlfriend

One from the “Get a Life File” :hypno: :

Canadian Man Builds Himself Robot Girlfriend

A Canadian man, apparently unable to find the perfect woman, has done the next best thing — he’s built himself one.

Le Trung, a 33-year-old software engineer who lives with his parents in Brampton, Ontario, a suburb of Toronto, says he’s spent about $20,000 so far on Aiko, a 5-foot-tall female android with clear skin, a slim if shapely figure and a wonderful disposition.

Interpersonal skills are going down the drain. Another reason why society is imploding. :frowning:

:smiley: Just another indication of how our media has brainwashed our kids through TV shows on how co-habitation is happier lifestyle than marriage today. In the old days, such a mad scientist would be more inclined to build himself one of those perfect spouses, the “Stepford Wives”.

A Canadian man, apparently unable to find the perfect woman, has done the next best thing — he’s built himself one.

Le Trung, a 33-year-old software engineer who lives with his parents in Brampton, Ontario, a suburb of Toronto, says he’s spent about $20,000 so far on Aiko, a 5-foot-tall female android with clear skin, a slim if shapely figure and a wonderful disposition.

The “perfect woman” is unlikely to fall for a 33-year-old who lives with his parents and who spent $20,000 on a robot. If he is having trouble with relationships, he could start by developing some social skills, some financial skills, get his own place- and a life.

Some people live with their parents because it’s more economical. I’ve tried looking for an apartment, but rent in my area for anything that’s better than a one-bedroom with a shared remote bathroom, in a crime-infested part of the city, is exorbitant. I don’t understand the stigma that is applied to living at home with ones parents.

And maybe the poor guy has an autism spectrum condition and the rules of socializing just go over his head.

That and all too often, the (supposedly) complimentary sex can be so uncharitable, maybe the poor guy feels safer with a robot he’s programmed. I’m not condoning what he did, but as with any case, there’s probably more going on than this news item can tell us.

The topic of Robot companions made headlines in the past as well. Some of where this may lead is sick IMO. Here is the lesser offending article about sex and marriage with robots. But it also touches on ethical issues such as pedophiles and robot children.

msnbc.msn.com/id/21271545/

I think you missed the part of the article that said he has already spent $20,000 on his new “girlfriend;” if he can afford that, then I’m sure he can afford his own place.

Imagine if robots were programmed to “think”…

They’ve been working on that for years with artificial intelligence.

Considering there is no such thing as a “perfect woman” :wink: both pun wise & spiritually wise, even your nice* advice wouldn’t help.

All right, you got me there, but as a person who lives at home, I am SICK of seeing people who make the same choice get stigmatized and treated like losers, because it tends to get applied to people like me, who can’t find a decent place to live other than at home. I

He made just one mistake. He gave her a voice. (Just joking) Actually, he must be a sicko of some kind.

Why?
He still hadn’t had sex with her :wink: Must be waiting till marriage :thumbsup:

“My forecast is that around 2050, the state of Massachusetts will be the first jurisdiction to legalize marriages with robots,” artificial intelligence researcher David Levy at the University of Maastricht in the Netherlands told LiveScience."I suppose that’s inevitable. No discrimination in marriage after all. Still, I predict there will be more cohabitation than marriage. Why make a permanent commitment when version 2.0 is just around the corner?

He may live at home also due to obligations towards his parents. It’s not at all unusual to find family arrangements like that in the immigrant communities of Chicago, where I live.

I also see nothing wrong with having a hobby, like building the perfect companion. After all, those skills are things he can translate into his regular job or other work. And if he creates a version that could be made on an industrial scale that is popular with consumers, it could well make him rich. Just think of the possibilities. He could make faux grandparents for children that would read to them and tuck them in. He could make opposite gender-looking friends for lonely people, assistants for housebound elderly…

a weirdo, robots to help the elderly is one thing, a sexual companion is something different entirely. You can not equate the two as the same thing.

on further thought, the robot care takers is also rather disturbing. Just another excuse for people to continue down the path of selfishness and their irresponsibility towards taking care of the elderly.

Widespread use of robot care takers would mean even more isolation for the elderly.

Canadians!? </me shaking head>

The Great White Void.

:shamrock2:

On the other hand, it could allow for an unmarried woman to have Ma living at home with her because the robot could provide daycare during the day to Ma, so she wouldn’t have to go to a nursing home.

No, you can’t. Still, if we get robot helpers for the elderly, we will also no doubt get robots as sex toys.

The Blessed Virgin Mary is the perfect woman. And she always hung out with Jesus, her Son, even in His 30s.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.