Canadian man who beheaded bus passenger granted total freedom

foxnews.com/world/2017/02/11/canadian-man-who-beheaded-bus-passenger-granted-total-freedom.html

Unbelievable !

Fox news
Must be true.

cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/vince-li-discharge-1.3977278

globalnews.ca/news/3242308/man-who-beheaded-greyhound-bus-passenger-granted-full-discharge/

chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-canada-bus-beheading-20170211-story.html

thestar.com/news/canada/2017/02/10/freedom-granted-to-man-who-beheaded-passenger-on-greyhound-bus.html

Thanks.
Those are news sources.

The logic behind his release from monitoring is flawed.

When he was in the throws of a schizophrenic episode he beheaded and ate someone. His lucidity depends on him being responsible for taking his meds for the rest of his life. This severely mentally ill person’s well being is in the hands of a severely mentally ill person who must not ever come up with a rational reason to not take his medication.

Smith said he expects Baker will continue treatment and that in Canada there’s a belief that people “can and do recover from all kinds of mental illnesses.”

There is no cure for schizophrenia, there is no recovery from schizophrenia. There is only medication and help from others.

One of the police officers who responded to this committed suicide. It’s enraging how he is absolutely free now.

You know, even if you disagree with the inherent biases of different news organizations, when it comes to reports on factual occurrences, it’s pretty cut and dry. Fox News didn’t just make up a story. Even when news organizations do mess around with the truth, it most always occurs in the form of leaving out stuff or running with highly controversial material, not totally making up stuff.

Anyway, horrible what happened here. May God have mercy on all those involved.

I’m glad he’s doing better.

Yes, absolutely nuts. They should resettle him next to the ones responsible for his release, and he should catch the same bus to work as them.

In fact, the ones responsible for his release, should sign something, that says if this man ever kills someone again, then they themselves will be held responsible for the crime.

Ad hominem.

Also, there’s this:

dailycaller.com/2016/07/06/after-importing-thousands-of-refugees-canadians-now-say-muslim-immigrants-have-fundamentally-different-values/

From the article:

"While 60 percent of Ontarians say they initially supported the decision to import Syrian refugees, 75 percent now say Muslim immigrants hold fundamentally different values and a majority now say Islam’s mainstream doctrines promote violence. Only one-third of those in the region have a positive impression of the religion.

Three-quarters of Ontarians wish their country would focus on taking care of its own citizens instead of devoting resources to foreign refugees."

Take care of their own citizens instead of importing foreigners some of whom, statistically, will be terrorists or become so? What a bigoted stance! Where is the liberal outrage?:eek:

Did anyone notice that he changed his name to, like, a total serial killer name?

I thought this was quite unjust, to expose citizens to this mentally ill man!
However, no one can force him to take med’s against his will.

The article said he may also go back to his native China. Hope they get fair warning if he does.

From Fox:

“He is no longer a violent person,” Summerville said. “I will say, yes, he absolutely understands that he has to (take his medication) and has a desire to live a responsible, moral life and never succumb to psychotic episodes and not to hurt anybody ever again.”

But he’s ill. If the voice(s) in his head tell him he’s fine and he doesn’t need med’s, then he cannot be relied upon to take them!

Let us pray for the victim, Mr. McLean, and his family, and also this poor man!

Ave Maria, gratia plena…

Mimi

You’re joking, right?

I’m not saying they’re not, but you won’t believe anything from Fox unless it’s verified by one of them?

Pretty sure he was joking…

Canada has a tendency to make the wrong choice regarding crimes. I remember several years ago when a coupe murdered young girls, one of whom was the wife’s own sister, and committed horrible sex crimes before the eventual murders. They made a deal with the woman to testify against her husband, who claimed she was also victimized, and then later discovered the tapes that CLEARLY showed she was a willing partner in crime. But they made the deal. She now lives in Florida. :mad:

Regarding the Ottowa poll–if even the liberal Canadians feel this way, after just a short amount of time…
Trump is right.

I remember when this happened years ago! I didn’t hear much more about the story, but when it happened I remember being shocked at how gruesome it was.
I find it unbelievable he is being released. I hope he stays on his meds.

That is another bizarre case I remember well. This couple was very evil. I can’t believe she is living in Florida!

Gross. What a cruel world we live in. :frowning:
Reminds me of the Lee Rigby incident that happened here a few years ago. People are very disturbed, and they need our prayers. I know prayer seems like no help when dealing with the mentally ill, but they are in deep spiritual malaise. I’ve had scary encounters before with two violent schizophrenics that became that way due to drug abuse making a mild matter 100x worse…and I hate to say this, really I do, but when it gets that bad, they need a caretaker or to be put somewhere where they get their medication regulary and can’t hurt themselves or anyone else. So let’s all pray they get the care they need, and to find some peace and solace because it must be very hard living with a diseased mind and to know you did something so awful to someone.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.