Canadian rules?

As I understand it, the GIRM applies only to the US. Where can I find a similar document for Canada?

Malia

Try:

cccb.ca/Commissions.htm?CD=357&ID=1127

[quote=Feanaro’s Wife]As I understand it, the GIRM applies only to the US. Where can I find a similar document for Canada?

Malia
[/quote]

The GIRM applies to all who use the Roman Rite. There are adaptations to the GIRM ( not another GIRM) that can be made and if approved by the Vatican that are appended to the GIRM that apply in different countries.

thank you both for the help.

Where does it say in the GIRM that it applies to all Roman Catholics? I keep coming across statements that seem to imply that it is for the USA.

Forgive my ignorance, but I am going to be accepted into the Church on the 25th of this month and still have much to learn.

Malia

One of the main reasons I am asking is because our parish does not have any kneelers. My hubby kneels during the consecration, but is one of the only ones that does.

I believe our priest instructed the congregation to make a profound bow during the consecration… why didn’t he tell everyone to kneel if that is what is required by the GIRM?

Is it a case of those who can should, but because there are no kneelers then it is not required?

Thanks in advance for helping me clear up this confusion:)

Malia

bump

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.