Canadian Same-sex "Marriage" Forces Spousal Insurance Coverage in New York

By Tim Waggoner NEW YORK, August 5, 2008 (LifeSiteNews.com) - Canadian same-sex “marriages” are being used to deteriorate laws in the US protecting real marriage defined as the union of one man and one woman. Last week, a New York lesbian woman won a lawsuit forcing her insurance…

Full article…

To the companies in NY: We can use jobs here in Michigan. Why not move here. :shrug:

What was worse was the apologetic tone of the insurance company.

Same-sex area couple wins health care benefits fight

“While this situation brought to light an outdated policy that no longer met the needs of our customers, it also presented an opportunity to be more responsive and showed the company ways that, despite being in a highly regulated industry, we can be more progressive in taking action to please our customers,” the statement read.

The governor of NY has publicly stated that they would acknowledge the “homosexual marriage” of any other state or country. So this is not surprise.

Wife #1 & wife #2 want benefits that many families in America do not have the choice of. My husband and son-in-law both work for the same firm. We all live together under one rood in one home. We consider ourselves one family. Yet we are both charged full family rates and the company is forced to pay the higher cost of two families instead of one. Go figure.

What I could not find was who does wife #1 work for?

Wife #1 & wife #2 want benefits that many families in America do not have the choice of. My husband and son-in-law both work for the same firm. We all live together under one rood in one home. We consider ourselves one family.

Okay, wait… so you want the family rate just because you live together? So you’re entilted to it, but a gay couple who also lives together and has a more intimate relationship than your husband and son-in-law is not? Go figure…:rolleyes:

The homosexual couple is saying that their basis of “family” is defined on sexual activity or conduct, not on the basis of being responsible for one another.

Are you then saying that a family can not exist if there is no sexual activity going on? What of a single parent family? Or those that are no longer capable of sexual activity for any reason?

As an generational family we have the same obligations to each other as any other family. We are committed to each other in all social forms: nurturing, education, housing, retirement & care of each as we age, financial, and emotional as is any family is.

So are we a family or not? Would we or could we be defined as a family? It is OUR definition of family.

I would press for anyone living in my household to be defined as family and receive benefits. My mother, my brother and my wife and my kids, all at the family rate.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.