Canadians! Help! (St. Marguerite Bourgeoys)

Hi Canadians, a little help with tomorrow's Liturgy of the Hours (i.e. Jan. 12 St. Marguerite Bourgeoys obligatory memorial). What Common do we use for this Office?

(CCCB hasn't delivered my Ordo yet).

Appreciate the help.

Oh! She's not even in my calendar. Thanks for the heads-up! I would (and will be) use the Commons for Holy Women: for Teachers.

[quote="Spirithound, post:2, topic:182745"]
Oh! She's not even in my calendar. Thanks for the heads-up! I would (and will be) use the Commons for Holy Women: for Teachers.

[/quote]

According to my breviary and missal, and our abbey's ordo, common of Virgins. Optionally, according to my missal, common of Holy Women (religious or educators).

I used common of Holy Women, religious, for the Divine Office this morning because that's what my new antiphonary pointed me to for the chants.

Thanks for the replies. It's now 2226 MST so I hazarded a guess, and apparently, a correct one: Common of Holy Women: Religious (although it was basically a toss-up between that and Teachers).

[quote="porthos11, post:4, topic:182745"]
Thanks for the replies. It's now 2226 MST so I hazarded a guess, and apparently, a correct one: Common of Holy Women: Religious (although it was basically a toss-up between that and Teachers).

[/quote]

Do you have a particular attachment to this saint? She's on the (french) Canadian calendar but I don't know if she's on any others.

[quote="OraLabora, post:5, topic:182745"]
Do you have a particular attachment to this saint? She's on the (french) Canadian calendar but I don't know if she's on any others.

[/quote]

Not particularly, no; I'm new to Canada, so I'm even now only learning about the Canadian saints and blesseds. But St. Marguerite Bourgeoys is an obligatory memorial in Canada (nationwide, not just Quebec), and I always observe the liturgical calendar in the place where I reside, but without the Ordo, I had no guide to the correct Common.

[quote="porthos11, post:6, topic:182745"]
Not particularly, no; I'm new to Canada, so I'm even now only learning about the Canadian saints and blesseds. But St. Marguerite Bourgeoys is an obligatory memorial in Canada (nationwide, not just Quebec), and I always observe the liturgical calendar in the place where I reside, but without the Ordo, I had no guide to the correct Common.

[/quote]

I see, I wasn't sure if she was on another calendar.

Tomorrow is the feast of a pair of Benedictine saints I am particularly fond of, St. Placid and St. Maurus, both from the era of St. Benedict: St. Placid and Saint Maurus

They're not on the Roman Calendar but are on the Benedictine Calendar. As I chant the office daily in Gregorian Chant, that poses a bit of a difficulty, resource-wise, as my new "Heures Grégoriennes" antiphonary doesn't have the chants. It doesn't even have the commons for monks.

Fortunately I have a large resource of Benedictine sources so I will be able to pick from those to assemble a half-decent office!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.