Cancer and loss of Faith

Hello all.
Please pray for my husband, Andy (49), who was just diagnosed with throat cancer (despite being a non-smoker). We are still going through multiple tests, but chemotherapy, radiation, and possibly surgery are in our future. We have a long road ahead of us.
Pray, ideally, for a miracle, or at least that the cancer has not spread.

Also -- my 17-year-old daughter has been going through a Faith crisis this year, and has now decided to blame God for this situtation. I asked her if she would give Him credit if her dad is healed, and she said: "No, I would give credit to the doctors for healing him."
So please, also pray for her, for her heart to turn toward her Father in heaven during this difficult time, and for our entire family.
Thanks,
Mary

Lord, I pray for a healing for Andy and his daughter. Please keep his cancer from spreading and help the doctors successfully treat the cancer he has. If it is your will, please heal him completely of the cancer and never let him ever get cancer again. Please let Andy's daughter experience you in a special way so she can get her faith back again. Also, it would be great if you could put a good person in her life who can show her how you much you've done in their life so she can be moved to welcome you in her heart again. Be with Reckreate to strengthen her and help her be a good example of faith in action for her daughter. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

Dear Reckcreate, you, your husband and your daughter will be in my daily prayer. I pray for all of the above and that you keep confident in God and keep yourself totally surrendered to His will. Peace!

Praying for all of you!

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it as it is in heaven.
Give us this day, our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive
those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,and
blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and
at the hour of our death.
Amen

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be world without end.
Amen

Prayers for Andy and your family in this difficult time.

As You know, Lord, throat and esophageal cancers were some of the possibilities if my Celiac disease hadn’t been diagnosed sooner. I thank You that I broke my wrist and my Dr explored why my osteoporosis was increasing at such a rate. So I ask You, Lord, to please reveal any underlying cause to eliminate anything else that may be working against Andy’s recovery and health, for though his daughter doesn’t realize it, it isn’t You who cause cancer but some human cause. Please do not allow her to use the trauma of her Dad’s illness as trigger to move further from You.

Lord, if Andy’s daughter has a questioning mind, that is intended to work so as to help her forge faith in You and relationship with You her own, instead of something bequeathed to her. In this time of her doubt and enquiry please help her to grow towards You, and not away.

Please comfort her poor mother who is squished between two great sorrows.
Please give her courage and wisdom, and help her carry her burden when it becomes too distressing. Please help poor Andy who has to live through all the distressing process of fighting his illness, and struggling towards health.

My heart goes to you all.

O great and glorious wonder-worker,
St. Peregrine, you have obtained
numerous miracles from God for those
suffering from serious illness. For so
many years you suffered with cancer,
and were favored by the vision of Jesus
coming down from His Cross to cure
your affliction. We ask you to intercede
on our behalf for the healing of Andy.

Obtain for us, St. Peregrine, especially
 for  the daughter of Andy & Mary, the 
 grace to patiently endure all sufferings, 
 so that we may, in imitation of your virtue, 
 more profoundly love our crucified
 Lord, His sorrowful Mother, and 
 through your intercession merit glory
 everlasting.

Amen.

Mary for you and your dear husband and daughter

Our Father who art in heaven
hallowed be thy name
thy kingdom come
thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven
give us this day our daily bread
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us
and lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from evil
Amen

Praying hard for your family.

Mary, I will pray for both of your intentions tonight when I pray the rosary.
For now I pray ...

Hail Mary
Full of grace
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary
Mother of God
pray for us sinner now
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

I am very sorry to hear about your husband’s cancer, and your daughters loss of faith. This has to be an incredibly difficult time for you. I will be saying prayers.

LORD Jesus
Heal and Guide ur Children

Our Father who art in heaven
hallowed be thy name
thy kingdom come
thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven
give us this day our daily bread
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us
and lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from evil
Amen

Lord, to please reveal any underlying cause to eliminate anything else that may be working against Andy’s recovery and health, for though his daughter doesn’t realize it, it isn’t You who cause cancer but some human cause. Please do not allow her to use the trauma of her Dad’s illness as trigger to move further from You.

Lord, if Andy’s daughter has a questioning mind, that is intended to work so as to help her forge faith in You and relationship with You her own, instead of something bequeathed to her. In this time of her doubt and enquiry please help her to grow towards You, and not away.

Please comfort her poor mother and give her courage and wisdom. Help her carry her burden when it becomes too distressing. Please help poor Andy who has to live through all the distressing process of fighting his illness, and struggling towards health.
Thank You, Lord

Hail Mary, full of Grace!
The Lord is with you.
Blessed are you among women,
and blessed is the Fruit of your womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour of our death. Amen

I'm so sorry that your husband is going through this. I understand how your daughter is feeling, because I also lost faith briefly around that age for other reasons.

Prayers for your family, and this difficult time.

Hail Mary full of grace
the Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death,
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.