Cancer

My brother called and said ,they found cancer in the liver and colon of Melissa( My brothers live with her in Ohio.)She also has diabetes like me.I am on insulin.I hope they can stop it (stage one).My dad is starting chemo in December because his marker went up(tells us there are cancer cells)He had colon and liver cancer before too and every so often he needs chemo(i think for the rest of his life).I started going to the YMCA in Downey,Ca.I love it(really good equipment).And i pray for the rest of my friends and family .JERRY

I’m praying for you…that the Holy Spirit will come to your family in this immense need. That god will give all the you strength you need and your family god bless you .

Praying very hard for your family!

Praying for your family. :signofcross:

I will also send up prayers for your family.

God Bless
Kathleen

i will pray for your family
grandma glor

Praying for you Jerry…

I hate cancer:mad:

Healing prayers for you and your family, and all those touched with this disease.

Holy Angels, please pray for all those with diabetes, esp. OP

Pray daily to St. Peregrine!

*******Prayer to Saint Peregrine

**O great St. Peregrine, you have been called “The Mighty,” “The Wonder-Worker,” because of the numerous miracles which you have obtained from God for those who have had recourse to you.

For so many years you bore in your own flesh this cancerous disease that destroys the very fibre of our being, and who had recourse to the source of all grace when the power of man could do no more. You were favoured with the vision of Jesus coming down from His Cross to heal your affliction. Ask of God and Our Lady, the cure of the sick whom we entrust to you.

(Pause here and silently recall the names of the sick for whom you are praying)

Aided in this way by your powerful intercession, we shall sing to God, now and for all eternity, a song of gratitude for His great goodness and mercy.
Amen.

ewtn.com/Devotionals/novena/peregrine.htm

LORD Jesus
Heal Ur Children

O great St. Peregrine, you have been called “The Mighty,” “The Wonder-Worker,” because of the numerous miracles which you have obtained from God for those who have had recourse to you.

For so many years you bore in your own flesh this cancerous disease that destroys the very fibre of our being, and who had recourse to the source of all grace when the power of man could do no more. You were favoured with the vision of Jesus coming down from His Cross to heal your affliction. Ask of God and Our Lady, the cure of the sick whom we entrust to you.
(Melissa and the OP’s dad)

Aided in this way by your powerful intercession, we shall sing to God, now and for all eternity, a song of gratitude for His great goodness and mercy.
Amen.

It’s heartbreaking and worrying to hear of people diagnosed with cancer or who have relapsed. I’m praying hard for you and your family for healing and to have the strength to overcome this trying situation and to find meaning in this suffering. God bless you and your family.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.