Candlemass ... does your parish celebrate it?

Here we are at February 2nd --
Candlemass / Purification of the Blessed Virgin, the Feast of the Presentation of the Lord

I'm sure that the FSSP parish I attend when I can will be celebrating this feast.

My local parish never seems to even mention it. :(

What do other parishes do?
Do you celelbrate with a procession through the darkened church while the Canticle of Simeon is sung?

[quote="The_Reginator, post:1, topic:185409"]
Here we are at February 2nd --
Candlemass / Purification of the Blessed Virgin, the Feast of the Presentation of the Lord

I'm sure that the FSSP parish I attend when I can will be celebrating this feast.

My local parish never seems to even mention it. :(

What do other parishes do?
Do you celelbrate with a procession through the darkened church while the Canticle of Simeon is sung?

[/quote]

Nope, just the regular, 20 minute daily Mass without music or song.

No, my local parish does not have a special Mass for the Presentation with music, candlelight,etc. We do have 3 daily Masses on every week day and I'm sure the priests talked about the significance of the day. Even with a paid music director, it is hard to coordinate music and a special Mass time at this time of year.

I was sorry I wasn't able to get to Mass today though. I love this feast!

Yes, we all processed in with lit candles this morning at the beginning of the Mass. But this is the first time that I ever recall doing this on the feast of the Presentation.

Yes I belong to a FSSP parish, just got home, High Mass, Candlemass-beautiful.

There are only a handful of daily mass attendees in our parish, but we have a school next door and the children are brought in for special feasts. Though there was no procession as far as I know (I arrived a bit late), the children were present and during the homily the priest spoke about the significance of different candles in the church.

We have a Polish priest - very good. He explained how this feast day is celebrated in Poland, and blessed and sprinkled candles. Next year, he promises an evening Mass with candlelight. Looking forward to it!

Our diocese celebrated Candlemas by installing a new bishop...Daniel Flores, Sixth Bishop of Brownsville in Texas.

Yes, we had an incensing and blessing of the candles.

The Meeting of the Lord (as the Byzantine tradition calls it) is one of the 12 Great Feasts, and marks the official end of the Nativity Season.

There was a Vesperal Liturgy Monday Night at the local Melkite Parish, but I could not arrange a ride.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.