Does anyone have a link to a site for Canon Law which has a Search Engine (just something pretty basic I am not all that conversant with the ways of computers). A search engine so I can enter my subject and relevant Clauses in Canon Law will come up. Thank you…Blessings - Barb
I use this website. There is not a search engine per se (i.e. you cannot type in a word) but you can search alphabetically or other ways.
I don’t know of a simple Canon Law Search Engine but the following might help…
Here’s the site I use: www.intratext.com/X/ENG0017.htm
It doesn’t have a simple search box but, once you get the hang of it, it is relatively easy to find all the occurances of a particular word in the Code of Canon Law:
- Click on the “Alphabetical” link at the very top of the page (the navigation bar). The letters “A” through “Z” will be displayed.
- Click on the letter corresponding to the first letter of the word you are looking for. All the words in the Code that begin with that letter will be displayed alphabetically.
- Scroll down the page until you come the word you are looking for. If the word you are looking for is in the Code, the number of times that word occurs in the Code will be indicated.
- Click on the word. A list of the word’s occurances in the Code will be displayed mostly by “can.” or canon number.
- Click on the canon number. The page containing that particular canon will be displayed.
- To return to the list of the word’s occurances in the Code arranged by canon number, click on your “Back” button.
Alternately, go to www.google.com and enter the following in their search box:*your-word *site:www.vatican.va/archive/ENG1104/
For example, if you want a list of occurances of the word Confirmation in the Code, you would enter:confirmation site:www.vatican.va/archive/ENG1104/
With google, you can also search for phrases. To search for a phrase, enclose it in quotation marks. For example, if you want a list of occurances of the phrase confirmation sponsor, you would enter:“confirmation sponsor” site:www.vatican.va/archive/ENG1104/
Excellent! Thank you very much indeed, Todd…keeping your post in my Reference Files…Blessings - Barb:)