Canonisation date for John XXIII and John Paul II due September 30

The date of the ceremony celebrating the sainthood of Popes John XXIII and John Paul II will be announced at the end of September.

When asked today when the Polish Pope would be made a saint, Cardinal Angelo Amato, prefect of the Congregation for the Causes of the Saints, said: “This September 30, the pope will hold the consistory of the saints. On that occasion he will announce the dates of the Canonisations.”

Full report: sconews.co.uk/news/30953/canonisation-date-for-john-xxiii-and-john-paul-ii-by-september-30/

Without a doubt it will be a wonderful and beautiful ceremony. I will be ready to see these two great men who lead the Church.

I thought I read already that the date was going to be April 27, 2014 (Divine Mercy Sunday). That must have just been speculation. :stuck_out_tongue: It would make sense, though.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.