Can't sleep - grief issues

Hi Everyone,

Hopefully people can pray for me. As I have shared in other posts, my dad died 9 weeks ago and my best frien died exactly 7 days ago (down to the hour as I post this).

Tuesday night was the night I visited my friend in the hospital for the last 5 months and this it he first Tuessday I am not going to see him. (the were other occasional Tuesdays I didn’t go but that was because I went Monday instead or was out of town at my dad’s funeral)

I am really feeling the loss in my day to day activities (as opposed to the loss of the looking forward to seeing him again)

CM

I will pray for you. I just went through a horrible break up, so I know only a fraction of what you must be going through. Prayers coming your way.

cmscms,

Our Lord is especially near to you in your sorrow and loss. His Mother, too, knows your heart. May you have a special experience of their love for you in this difficult time.

In Jesus Holy Name. Amen.

Cms,

I've seen you offer gentle comfort to other people on this forum for their troubles. I pray that God will comfort you even more so in this, your time of need.

Lord please help cmscms in her overwhelming double loss and grief.
Please help her through each day,
and though the losses are irreparable, please help her to find focus and structure to gradually replace a little of the emptiness she feels.

I didn't know of your loss of your Dad. It's hard.
My Dad died a year ago.

In my prayers, cms.

You are clearly having a hard time getting over this which speaks to the powerful and meaningful bond you have with those who have passed.

Thank you so much for your kind support. When my friend first went to the hospital near my house, I saw him every day and I knew that was going to be one of the best times of my life. After he went to a home, I could only see him once a week.

For the 9 months he was bed ridden he always talked about accepting God's will. Only once did I see him break down in frustration for not knowing God's will. He is truly an inspiration and I am SO blessed to have met such a man

As for my dad, we had our differences over the years. But he was still my daddy and the little girl in me will always miss the good times

CM

:angel1::gopray:

Amen. :hug1: and :crossrc: for you cmscms.

You will be in my prayers, cmscms.

Hi CM,

I will definitely include you in my prayer. I see your responses on several issues and you did respond to my problem too! My husband of 41 years passed away almost 4 months now and I did have "sleeping issues" at the beginning specially at night. Grieving is a long and difficult task of letting go of someone who has died. After a couple of months I decided to join a breavement support group and this really helped me a lot. The widow/ers just come in and have lunch and just talk about anything. This is when you know that you are not alone. Memories of what my husband used to like would bring tears so I decided to actually do it. One of the things that he liked to do was karaoke. When I first started singing I would just burst into tears but I just kept on singing and now I just have fun with my friends. I just would do things that my husband used to love and it helped! I now go to bed early and wake up at 5:00am in time for the morning Mass. Plan on doing what your Dad and your friend used to enjoy and actually do it yourself.

Take care.
lilbit

So sorry for your loss. One bereavement is bad enough but two in a short space of time is very hard to bear. I will remember you in my prayers.

I'm not very good at finding words of consolation, but I feel sure that as you pray for their souls, they will surely be praying for you, that you find comfort and peace.

[quote="cmscms, post:1, topic:247073"]
Hi Everyone,

Hopefully people can pray for me. As I have shared in other posts, my dad died 9 weeks ago and my best frien died exactly 7 days ago (down to the hour as I post this).

Tuesday night was the night I visited my friend in the hospital for the last 5 months and this it he first Tuessday I am not going to see him. (the were other occasional Tuesdays I didn't go but that was because I went Monday instead or was out of town at my dad's funeral)

I am really feeling the loss in my day to day activities (as opposed to the loss of the looking forward to seeing him again)

CM

[/quote]

I'm very sorry for your loss, CM. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Be kind yourself in this time of mourning.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.