Can't sleep.

I have been awake for 35 hours. I spent the last 4 hours trying to go to sleep. And I couldn’t.
And I prayed a lot for the Lord to give me sleep. So, just pray that. I have to get up in 8 hours so I can drive an hour to get a Rosary blessed by the Bishop. So, pray. Thank You.

Lord, hear Semper’s plea for rest. Send your Mother to cradle Semper in her arms and grant Semper the tranquility of angels, that sleep and rest might come quickly that Semper might be able to proceed refreshed if you would spare Semper this burden. Amen. :gopray2:

Memorare
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother. To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

(BTW, I thought that **I ** was the ultimate thread ender! :smiley: )

Some people say that if u open your mouth and put your tongue towards back of your mouth and hold that position for 20-30 seconds, you will yawn maybe 50-70% of the time. This may produce some tears to help u sleep.

I also heard that drinking camomile tea and milk are good.

The typical hospital’s typical advice is to get up and do some activity like TV or reading for a while.

If u are gonna try sleeping pills, dont sleep facing up as the sleeping pill can prevent people waking up during vomits and they end up choking like Jimmi Hendrix.

But of course pray lots.

Good luck Mate!

Thank y’all for the prayers. I believe they worked. I got about 7 hours. And, hopefully I’ll be on a regular sleeping schedule tonight.

If you could pray for my safety on the road today. As well as for everyone on the road, and everyone for sleep problems.

@NeedsMercy- well maybe we should have a thread- ending competition lol :wink:

@Bonocorium- you know, I was honestly wondering stuff like that last night, "how is it that you actually go to sleep? Is there something I’m supposed to be doing right now to go to sleep? I normally just kind of slow my breathing, try not to think about anything, and wait. But that strategy was getting me nowhere last night.

Thanks again for the prayers y’all! Have a blessed Feast of the Immaculate Conception!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.