Can't stop thinking about it

Hi.
I’ve never really done this before, so sorry if I don’t explain it very well,haha.:stuck_out_tongue:
Today, for the first time I went to mass with my friend (who is younger than me), who is of course catholic. I’ve always been curious about it,I’m 16, my parents arn’t religious and neither are any other of my friends so I thought ‘why not?’.:blush:

During and after mass, I just couldn’t believe how amazing the feeling is. I was just absorbing every word like a sponge.
My friends dad was kind enough to point out prayers in the prayer book and help me find which ones are which.

But I did feel a bit uncomfortable, but only because I thought I might do something insulting or not do something that you must.
But after a while we were asked to shake hands with people and say ‘may peace be with you’ not only did my friend and family say it to me, but other who I had never met before. They shoke my hand as though we’d known each other for ages.:eek:

And I was blessed. After I felt so happy like ‘wow, i’ve been blessed’ and i wouldn’t stop smiling.:smiley:

I find myself not being able to stop thinking about it, and about God. I feel like I want to be part of all this. Closer to God, and to others. But would it be strange for me too, because my family arn’t catholics.

I hope this wasn’t too long. But I don’t really have anyone to discuss it too.:blush:

Cheers. H x :flowers:

How wonderful! You are always welcome to visit a Catholic church. Don’t worry about doing something “insulting”; I doubt that you would, and you’d be surprised at how many people in church are at various stages of the learning process. Allow God to continue touching your heart. And if you want to explore the Catholic faith further, talk to the priest before or after Mass, or call the church office.

Your post made me smile. I’m so glad you were touched.

As Philo said, don’t worry about insulting others. The church you attended probably has visitors fairly often. Doing something not quite the same as the rest isn’t offensive.

I hope you go back.

:smiley:

Haha,I would love to go back…
but only if dad would let me :frowning:

Keep us posted if you do, or feel free to PM me. I’d love to hear about it.

I’ll be going to Mass at 7pm tonight. It’s Superbowl Sunday, which means many of the congregation went to earlier services so they could stay home and watch the game. That means we’ll have a small, intimate Mass tonight. I always look forward to it.

I loved the title of your thread. I go to daily Mass and often can’t stop thinking about it.

Haha,Okay.
But I didn’t know that you could go more than once?
H x

That’s a wonderful story. The Holy Spirit is at work. You can go to mass and more regardless of others. You can talk to the priest about your interest in the faith or use some of the free resources below. Don’t feel uncomfortable or awkward at the church. The catholic church is the largest family in the world - Gods family. So feel at ease and settle right in.
If you want check these out-
amm.org/chss.htm
freecatholiccds.excerptsofinri.com/

It’d really help you to read the catechism to know everything you need to know about the faith. Go to scborromeo.org/ccc.htm
You may not know some words unique to the church. You’ll find therealpresence.org/dictionary/adict.htm useful

Be sure to pray a little each day.

God bless you and I’m praying for you.

Let us all know how your going occasionally:thumbsup: :slight_smile:

Do you mean more than once in a day? You can. More than once a week? Sure. At least in the United States, there’s Mass every day of the week.

I think God might just be calling you. Keep listening.

Hi :slight_smile:

Anyone may join the Church, she is a merciful Mother and tenderly clasps sinners to her bosom. Seek greater union with Christ Jesus and you will please the Lord in a Christian life.

I also recommend joining the Legion of Peace: you only must receive Jesus daily to become a member - or receive Him as often as possible if you can’t communicate daily (for example, if because of work, school, illness, age, pregnancy, taking care of children).

I really am thankful for all of your help.
I really feel like this is the start of something…I only know one teenager who goes to church.
I actually just searched for my local church, and they do have services on weekdays :smiley:
So I might be able to go after school. But Dad won’t approve of me going. :frowning:

Have a good talk to the priest about your rights and the potential probs with your dad and he’ll give you the best advice. If your too young to go against your father then study the faith and pray until your old enough. All will be well. Pray about it and for help. I’m sure plenty here will pray for you. God bless.:thumbsup: :slight_smile:

That’s why we need you in the Church, so it will still be there for future generations! (your children, grandchildren, etc.)

Pray for patience. Ask questions, make contacts, begin to explore, and certainly pray, but as long as you are a minor you should not directly defy your parents. God will honor your obedience.

You can feel free to watch mass on EWTN.com. They have their schedules for the United States and the UK listed on the website and live video feeds for either country…all you need to do is find out when they are airing the daily mass. If you can’t go to mass physically, but really want to, this might be the next best thing. Just go to www.etwn.com and go to television at the top. Then on the drop down, go to live TV and select whatever you want.

Peace and good.:slight_smile:

-Kevin

(By the way, I can only get the video feed to work on my computer using Internet explorer. You may or may not need to take this into consideration if you attempt to watch it.)

Can I pray whenever I like?
And are there any specific things I must say? It’s embarassing to ask, but I wan’t to make sure,:stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks Kevin! :smiley:

Talk to God in your own words.

Praise Him.

Tell Him you love Him.

Tell Him you are sorry for your sins.

Tell Him about your day.

When you have to do something difficult, say, “I’m doing this for You. Help me to do it well.”

Ask Him to help you with decisions you need to make.

Ask Him for whatever you need, for yourself, for your loved ones, for the world.

Just say, “Hello, I love You, I’m thinking about You” about a thousand times a day!

Haha,simple enough.
That made me smile :heaven:

You can pray however you like. I myself start alot of my prayers like they are some kind of letter “Dear God,…” silly I know, but that’s just what I do:shrug: . Two suggestions though. First, pray that God will lead you and teach you how to pray. Secondly, learn the Lord’s Prayer which Jesus himself taught us:

" Our Father, who art in heaven,
Hallowed be thy Name.
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done,
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil."

Source: usccb.org/nab/bible/matthew/matthew6.htm
(The prayer is specifically in verses 9-13…but the whole chapter is very worth reading:D .)

Peace and good!

Okay!
Thank you. Help me pray.
Help me pray so that I can go to church, make friends with God and others.
:flowers:

Praise be to the Lord of hosts! I hope you choose to attend more frequently. Thanks for sharing!

Pax Christi sit semper tecum (May the peace of Christ be with you).

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.