Cape's?

I was wondering if anyone new the name of the cape a priest sometimes wear's. Probably out of fashion. But I remember my older pastor who retired last July, would wear this cape over his cassock with his biretta. And He was a ordinary Diocesan priest. I know Dominican's wear the black cloak. But I don't think this is the same thing. I could be wrong though.

[quote="DarrenOglesby, post:1, topic:251719"]
I was wondering if anyone new the name of the cape a priest sometimes wear's. Probably out of fashion. But I remember my older pastor who retired last July, would wear this cape over his cassock with his biretta. And He was a ordinary Diocesan priest. I know Dominican's wear the black cloak. But I don't think this is the same thing. I could be wrong though.

[/quote]

Well, The House of Hansen has in-store a clergy cape, which may be of some help.
thehouseofhansen.com/chzb.shtml

That’s what it was, thank you. I didn’t know if there was a special name for it or not. It doesn’t seem too common.

[quote="DarrenOglesby, post:3, topic:251719"]
That's what it was, thank you. I didn't know if there was a special name for it or not. It doesn't seem too common.

[/quote]

You're welcome. I believe it may be commonly known as a tabarro in Italian--simply a cloak or cape. Lastly, it doesn't seem to be very common among priests these days, yet bishops and cardinals may use it.
orbiscatholicussecundus.blogspot.com/2010/04/what-cape-tabarro-looks-like.html

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.