Captain Fantastic Faster Than Superman Spiderman Batman Wolverine Hulk And The Flash Combined

**Teenager changes name to Captain Fantastic **

A teenager has changed his name to Captain Fantastic Faster Than Superman Spiderman Batman Wolverine Hulk And The Flash Combined.

The record-breaking name, now thought to be the world’s longest, was the idea of music graduate George Garratt, 19.

He changed his name by deed poll online for £10 last week.

Captain Fantastic said: "I wanted to be unique.

telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/3369609/Teenager-changes-name-to-Captain-Fantastic.html

:rotfl:
Thats why the Catholic Church has rules for naming a person…I’m guessing Mr. Captain Fantastic is probably a secularist.

**III. THE CHRISTIAN NAME **

2156 The sacrament of Baptism is conferred "in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit."85 In Baptism, the Lord’s name sanctifies man, and the Christian receives his name in the Church. This can be the name of a saint, that is, of a disciple who has lived a life of exemplary fidelity to the Lord. The patron saint provides a model of charity; we are assured of his intercession. The “baptismal name” can also express a Christian mystery or Christian virtue. “Parents, sponsors, and the pastor are to see that a name is not given which is foreign to Christian sentiment.”

Unique? My son who just saw this thread said that he stole the idea from a Family Guy episode.

I looked it up, it looks like a boat in “Family Guy” was given a similar name, haha. I hope the poor kid changes his name back since this is definitely not a cool name, LOL.

I thought a 19-year-old would be more mature than this.

I re-read the article again…interesting that the Italian government changed someone’s “riduculous” name to the name of the saint whose feast day his birthday falls on. Living in a Catholic country is great, in my opinion. :smiley:

He probably lives in Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales.

The name is Welsh for “St Mary’s church in the hollow of the white hazel near to the rapid whirlpool and the church of St Tysilio of the red cave”.

I have two words for you: “Frat house”.

I was in a “frat”, nobody was ridiculous enough to name themselves such a childish name, LOL.

Reading further in the article, I noticed his grandmother is refusing to speak to him. Somehow, I can’t blame her. It seems like a funny joke to a 19-year-old, but I’d be pretty annoyed if a member of my family changed their carefully-chosen name to something ridiculous.

If you combined Superman, Spiderman, Batman, Wolverine, Hulk, and the Flash in a potato sack race, to race against Captain Fantastic by himself, then I would still expect the combo to beat the solo. That is, unless you took away Batman’s utility belt which would render him just a well-conditioned athlete. Batman would just slow down the potato sack super-hero combo.

Just looking at the kid’s picture in the article, he has the look of someone who is well grounded. With make-up, he would look a little like the Joker, don’t you think.:rolleyes:

Of course, if he ran for President in the USA, he would be sure to get the young vote. He could run on a platform of SUPER QUICK CHANGE. He’d probably win with MSM support.

And of course, if he is a really good Christian to the end, he will become Saint “Captain Fantastic Faster Than Superman Spiderman Batman Wolverine Hulk And The Flash Combined”, the patron saint of comic book heroes.

One should be cautious about using the adjective “mature” to describe any 19-year-old.

:stuck_out_tongue:

– Mark L. Chance.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.