Cardinal George, CCHD withdraw support after immigrant coalition backs same-sex marriage

catholicculture.org/news/headlines/index.cfm?storyid=18626 cchd does the right thing

Thank you Cardinal George. If I were to put together a fire-team I would only make due with the resolute. Clausewitz would call him “staunch.”

Cardinal George also responded to the politicians’ charge that “Church leaders have decided to use immigrants and those who seek to help them as pawns in a political battle.”

“Because the signers of the letters are Catholic, they know that in a few years, like each of us, they will stand before this same Christ to give an account of their stewardship,” said Cardinal George. “Jesus is merciful, but he is not stupid; he knows the difference between right and wrong. Manipulating both immigrants and the Church for political advantage is wrong.”

I hope more and more of our sheperds do tell us in clear terms when we go astray. It is our souls that are in peril.

Peace :thumbsup:

Thanks be to God!

“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”

His Eminence Cardinal George

His Eminence Cardinal George is easily one of my favorites :thumbsup:

For its own political advantage, it introduced a matter extraneous to its own purpose and betrayed its own members, who were not consulted,” he continued. “The CCHD had no choice but to respect the unilateral decision of the ICIRR board that effectively cut off funding from groups that remain affiliated with ICIRR. Without betraying its donors or the Catholic faith, the Catholic Church’s long-standing work for immigrant groups and for immigration reform remains intact.”

Cardinal George is a hero for pointing out the complete idiocy of what is little more than pandering to the latest Leftist cause. What in the world does gay marriage have to do with refugees and immigrants? When people are starving or being trafficked for sex or being worked to death and living in squalor, do you really think they give a rat’s patooty whether Bill and Fred can get married?

This obsession with sexual activities OTHER than in a sacramental marriage is yet another example of protecting fake “rights” while ignoring REAL rights such as to life. These people disgust me and thank God for orthodox and holy Priests who do not suffer these fools easily

Lisa

This is an article on Card. George’s defense of his actions, and in his talk he quotes Pope Francis on marriage.

Does anyone know where these quotes come from?

"He (Card. George) quoted Pope Francis, saying that marriage should be “a stable union of man and woman,” and that “this union is born of their love, as a sign and presence of God’s own love.”

Further quoting Pope Francis, he said that this union is also born of “the acknowledgement and acceptance of the goodness of sexual differentiation, whereby spouses can become one flesh and are enabled to give birth to a new life.”

ewtnnews.com/catholic-news/US.php?id=8202

Vatican issues first text co-written by two popes

Thank you Cardinal George. Keep up the excellent work for our faith.

Good!

:thumbsup:

Praying for Cardinal George and CCHD. It’s good to see them stand up for the right values at a time when immoral agendas lurk around every corner and every decision is fraught by the possibility of unwittingly endorsing an anti-Catholic agenda. It’s because of agendas like the ICIRR that make people distrust immigrants.

Since we don’t live in Illinois, there must be an immigrant rights coalition for every state because our bishop did the same by terminating their funding in our diocese. Imagine my surprise when I went to the Secretary of State’s web page in our state and saw the tens of thousands of dollars that had been spent paying professional lobbyists over many years time to pass legislation for same sex marriage.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.