Cardinal Raymond Burke Launches His Own Website

For those who don’t know, His Eminence Cardinal Raymond Burke has launched his own website!

His Eminence hopes that the faithful will offer him your prayers as he continues to serve God and His Holy Church.

I think this is great! I’ve been an admirer of His Eminence for some time and am glad he is reaching out and wanting to connect with the faithful, not to mention ask for our prayers. For those who also follow His Eminence, or for those who don’t know much about him, please check out his newly launched website!

On his website you can learn about Church doctrine and teachings, and there is also a section for prayers, and prayer requests, you can also send His Eminence a message if you’d like!

I wish continuing success for His Eminence in carrying out his apostolic work, and I pray:

Our Father, who art in Heaven. Hallowed be thy name. The Kingdom come; Thy will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; And forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

That’s great. I like Cardinal Burke a lot. I especially like his promotion of the Holy Face chaplet devotion. If you request his prayers, will he personally pray for your intention?
I prayed for him when they were collecting prayers for his birthday or anniversary or something last year.
I’d love for him to pray for the souls of my deceased loved ones.

Edited to add, I just sent him a prayer request for all my deceased loved ones and the handful of us living people who need help. And I promised to pray for him too. Now we’ll see how much e-mail that website directs to my box.

Marian Catechist Apostolate is really cool :slight_smile:

I watched the video interview with Thomas McKenna. Around the 8.25 mark he poses the question regarding the argument that it is a worse evil to endanger the present union by living as brother and sister. Cdl Burke said you can’t remedy one evil by committing another but I don’t think he is fully addressing how this situation has over time, revealed a godliness present in those relationships. These are second marriages that have thrived and brought deeper faith into the families life over a long period of time. The couple grow in a genuine experience of what a truly godly marriage is This observation coupled with recognising the limitations of the present tribunal process in discerning whether a first marriage was null or not, is in a way ‘giving birth’ to a better way of dealing with the situation in the present day conditions.

It is an explanatory footnote to the doctrine of marriage and not a change to it.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.