Cardinal virtues.

The cardinal virtues are as follows-
The four principal virtues upon which the rest of the moral virtues turn, namely justice, prudence, temperance, and fortitude.
Many may not know that to struggle in any one of these virtues will automatically raise the level of all virtues we possess. So why not strive to really acquire one par excellence. I will try to do the same. I’m certainly not perfect. And maybe we can all grow in holiness. Does anyone have suggestions / thoughts / a favourite cardinal virtue or experience on doing this.
This link below provides good insight into this subject-
newadvent.org/cathen/03343a.htm
And this is a link to the new Catholic dictionary for more info on what these virtues are-
catholic-forum.com/saints/indexncd.htm just search for the virtue by name.
Who has or will strive for one of these virtues?http://forums.catholic.com/images/icons/icon5.gif
Happy Easter, in advance.http://forums.catholic.com/images/icons/icon7.gif

I just bought a book called the Four Cardinal Virtues by Josef Pieper. I have not gotten far into the book, but it looks interesting.

I will expand on this when I have finished the book.

PF

[quote=WanderAimlessly]I just bought a book called the Four Cardinal Virtues by Josef Pieper. I have not gotten far into the book, but it looks interesting.

I will expand on this when I have finished the book.

PF
[/quote]

Hi Wander,
I look forward to hearing from you. Give us a review. Happy Easter, in advance.

Teresa of Avila had the idea of developing one virtue to heroic proportions… and the rest will follow.

I am putting my eggs in that basket as I try to become better than the sinner I currently am.:thumbsup:

Hmm, what an intriguing idea. I wonder where to start. I probably struggle most with temperance and fortitude.

FYI,

That is what my sig line is

The Four Cardinal Vert Ewes :cool:

:clapping: :smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.