Dear friends in Christ,
My husband and I have been recently married, and like any married couple we are presently being confronted by a difficult choice. We are wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar situation or if anyone has any advice about the following circumstance?
Presently my husband and I are studying in university, my husband will be graduating this April (electrical engineering) and I will be graduating in April 2007 (with a nursing degree). At first he planned to find a job in the city were we are studying, so that I could finish my studies, however he has recently received an incredible job offer. The only problem is that this job is in another city, in fact it’s in our home town. We were hoping to move back there one day but job offers in his field can be difficult to find in smaller towns. We are not sure what to do now, especially since we aren’t keen on living apart for a year.
So far we see our options as follows:
- Living apart for a year with occasional visits (our home town is a 9 hours drive away)
- Giving up the job offer and looking for a job in the big city in order to stay together and let me complete my nursing degree
- Both of us moving to our home town and trying to transfer into the nursing program there, although this option may lengthen my degree significantly.
- Both of us moving to our home town, starting a family right away and postponing the nursing education
For us our marriage and family is a priority, we are both open to having many children and homeschooling them… therefore, I wonder how important my nursing degree is if I’ll be a stay-at-home mom.
Yours in Christ,