Career?

I was wondering if anyone knew of any books or websites or something to help find what career one should go to? I am kind of just out there wandering around aimlessly and I would really not like to mess up gods plans, so any kind of help would be appretiated. Thanks and God bless.

[quote=Montie Claunch]I was wondering if anyone knew of any books or websites or something to help find what career one should go to? I am kind of just out there wandering around aimlessly and I would really not like to mess up gods plans, so any kind of help would be appretiated. Thanks and God bless.
[/quote]

Is there anything you really love doing? Anything you are particularly good at?

The Myers Briggs test is a classic for finding what type of personality you have and then telling you what other people with your same type of personality have been happy doing. When I took the test, I already knew what kind of person I was and what kinds of things I would be good at and I wanted a test to say…Be a teacher!..Or …Be an actress!

Instead I got an answer that siad, you would be a good teacher or an actress. I felt like, yeah I know, that doesn’t help me with choosing a major!

anyhow, you can take it here…
web.tickle.com/tests/classiccareer/?sid=2003&supp=search_myerbriggs&test=classiccareerogt

[quote=beckyann2597]The Myers Briggs test is a classic for finding what type of personality you have and then telling you what other people with your same type of personality have been happy doing. When I took the test, I already knew what kind of person I was and what kinds of things I would be good at and I wanted a test to say…Be a teacher!..Or …Be an actress!

Instead I got an answer that siad, you would be a good teacher or an actress. I felt like, yeah I know, that doesn’t help me with choosing a major!

anyhow, you can take it here…
web.tickle.com/tests/classiccareer/?sid=2003&supp=search_myerbriggs&test=classiccareerogt
[/quote]

I also recommend the MB. :thumbsup: There are also lots of books at Amazon.com on careers and personality types.

best book I ever saw on career planning was What Color is your Parachute, which used to have a new edition every year, don’t know if it is still published but maybe you can find it on Amazon or in a library.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.