Carers who are old themselves

My prayer goes to the older folk especially who have to look after their disabled kids. I was privileged to meet one in a job I had once. She was 70 years old and her son had only recently attempted suicide via hanging. But failed. Now he was severely brain damaged and walked with a bad limp.She told me she was looking forward to a relaxing retirement when this event occurred.

Some people it seems are called by God to be the strong ones all their lives. They don’t get any rest. They don’t get a turn at being pampered or spoilt or even looked after.
Dear Lord please ease the burdens of these poor souls who must suffer daily for others.

Wonderful prayer. My Amen, and prayers

Remember,
O most gracious Virgin Mary that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, Implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly to you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.
To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in Thy mercy hear and answer me, Amen

I’m praying for them. May God bless them for their efforts.

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen.

Eternal Father, I offer you the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.

For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world. x10

Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

Hail Mary,
Full of grace,
The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou amongst women, and
blessed is the fruit of Thy womb,
Jesus
Holy Mary
Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour of death,
Amen

Dear Jesus, please help and bless and guide and protect all the older people with heavy responsibilities to care for others. Please give them the strength to carry on, send them help when they need it, allow them to have break time so they can recharge, and please send the resources and planning for them to be able to know that their loved ones who survive them will continue to be cared for, if they need it. These people do have an especially heavy cross to bear. Please Lord, send them all the help you can, just like you had help carrying your own cross. In Jesus’ name we humbly pray. Amen.

Holy Mary, St. Joseph and St. Anthony, please pray for this intention. Thank you. Amen.

Added to Rosary #1 intentions
God bless

Matthew 25, verses 31-46.

Thank You for demonstrating the judgment of souls, Judge of our souls.
This gave us the certainty that our acts of love towards others,
(and we can know that persistent, faithful love, acts of practical kindness,
fulfills the command to love others as self, and makes us eternally pleasing in God’s sight.
Bless all who care for others, day after day, year after year.

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen.

Eternal Father, I offer you the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.

For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world. x10

Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.