Carly Fiorina Hiring for Presidential Campaign

December 18, 2014 Carly Fiorina is laying the groundwork for what one ally says is an “imminent” presidential campaign—one that could launch as early as next month.

The former Hewlett-Packard CEO, who raised her political profile with a failed run against Sen. Barbara Boxer of California in 2010, has frequently been mentioned as a long-shot contender to seek the Republican presidential nomination. The speculation is driven by equal parts novelty and activity: Fiorina, who paid several high-profile visits to early-nominating states in 2014, acknowledged that she would likely be the only woman in the GOP field.

“Look, I think it would be great if we had female candidates—or candidate,” Fiorina told National Journal earlier this year.

nationaljournal.com/politics/carly-fiorina-hiring-for-presidential-campaign-20141218

Oh. No.

Why?

Tanking HP.

She would not be running from a position of political success either, based on her failed attempt at winning public office here in California. But if she wants to run and has the money, God bless her.

Oh please no, not her!! Not again!!

This sounds like something from The Onion. Seriously, Fiorina has no chance.

Sometimes people do these kinds of things as crusades or it might help them in the future somehow, name recognition. One could have all kinds of reasons.

She was endorsed by the Susan B Anthony list when she ran for Senate:

sba-list.org/suzy-b-blog/carly-fiorina-im-real-pro-life-candidate

I have other candidates I will support before her.

However, she has more qualifications to be president than Obama…and look how many people voted for him…twice!

How is an endorsement she received in a losing senate campaign going to help her in a national election primary? :shrug:

Fiorina would be a fringe candidate at best. In fact, I believe she would be a complete non-factor. I never cease to be amazed at the candidates who think they have a prayer of a chance to be president.

I am pointing out she is pro life and got that endorsement. I am not sure whether she would be a fringe candidate. If she is the only woman running, that may make her stand out.

All GOP candidates will be anti-abortion, so that’s a wash. Michelle Bachmann had her 15 minutes of fame in the last race. Perhaps her gender helped her stand out, perhaps it didn’t. But I’ll make this prediction - if Fiorina decides to run, and if she is still in the race by the time of the first primary in New Hampshire, she will receive less than 1% of the vote.

Fundraising.

I suspect she is really running for vice president

As if that lesson wasn’t learnt in 2008.

That goes without saying, Shocker. But I believe that the average guy falling off a barstool would do a better job than Obama as well. :whistle:

Yay. I’m starting to save money – there will be a lot of federal land to buy in the liquidation sale!

The upside (if there was one) to the Obama presidency, is that anybody can now shut down any Obama voter who claims some future presidential candidate isn’t qualified. Simply tell them to “Be quiet…you voted for the least qualified candidate in over 100 years!”

In the case of Fiorina, at least she has led something, developed leadership skills, developed negotiation skills, and managed a large organization.

Besides the Founding Fathers, has anyone ever gone from never having held political office straight to being elected president of the United States? Such a person might indeed be qualified, but it still seems like an impediment as far as most voters are concerned.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.