Carm.org (Another protestant website)

Okay all,

Since I see a lot of interest in finding Protestant Websites, I thought I would post this one.

christiandiscussionforums.org/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=107

The main page is called Carm.org.

This site has been around for a long time, and it doesn’t kick people off just because they are Catholic, in fact over the years I have never seen anyone kicked off for his/her Catholic teachings.

But on another note, for the most part, there tend to be some very good arguments questioning Catholic Teaching, so if you aren’t strong in the faith, I would advise against getting tangled up over there.

Actually I like their “threaded format” better than other website formats. It is more suited to a debating style than any other website I have seen. I wish Catholic.Com would provide an alternate format like this one. Although I do still love Catholic.Com.

[quote=Chipper]Actually I like their “threaded format” better than other website formats. It is more suited to a debating style than any other website I have seen. I wish Catholic.Com would provide an alternate format like this one. Although I do still love Catholic.Com.
[/quote]

The CA forums has a setting that you can change to make it threaded like that. Just go to your profile and “Edit Options” you’ll see it somewhere on there.

[quote=Aureole]The CA forums has a setting that you can change to make it threaded like that. Just go to your profile and “Edit Options” you’ll see it somewhere on there.
[/quote]

Okay, that’s great, just tried it and it works. Thanks

Chipper,

I’ve been on the CARM Forums for several weeks now. It’s a bit of a rough neighborhood, certainly rougher than Catholic Answers though not as bad as some I have seen.

• Liberian

Matt Slick (who runs the place) is a pretty good guy, although he does not like Catholicism much. In spite of that, he’s decent to Catholics.

I drop in now and then, but I don’t pay much attention to the antiCatholic nonsense.

closed #6

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.