CARM

Over the past several months I have been posting on the CARM apologetic website board in their RCC threads.

Over the past few months I have been suspended for actions that I do not believe were just.

Often I find it frustrating to even carry a conversation, because all what is accomplished is anti catholic attacks on the Catholic Faith.

Should I as a Catholic participate on these boards, I like sharing my faith and explaining my catholic faith to non catholics, I hope whether they learn to agree or continue to disagree that they will at least know our intent.

I am a convert so I know there thoughts and feelings regarding the Catholic Church, I guess I should just walk away from it or am I wrong?

Personal opinion: There’s just no point in posting on CARM. They are virulently anti-Catholic, and there is no point in beating one’s head against the wall they put up. :banghead:

The philosophy that, de facto, exists there is that Catholics are so wrong that any criticism of them, even the most abusive and virulent, must be loving. With “friends” like that, …

Some folks differ with the Church, and that’s just as things are. Others get their identity from attacking the Church, and that’s CARM. Shake the dust from you sandals, and move on. Don’t even go back to say good-bye; it gives them a dignity they did not earn. And genuine efforts to share the gifts of the Church with others will be much more profitable (for the others) elsewhere.

Blessings,

Gerry

Hi Tex!
I recently got banned for posting information about Margaret Sanger’s thoughts and beliefs as she formed Planned Parenthood. I cited a non-Catholic source and posted to the “orthodox” boards. They called it spamming and suspended me for one month. Like you, I crossed the Tiber… me in 2006. I’ve learned alot at that other place…like how pitiful many of their arguments really sound. I don’t know whether or not I’ll go back; I will be more cautious if I do. You and I have shared rep points there and I’ve learned from you… I give thanks to God.
God bless you and all who sincerely seek Truth.
Renee
aka Aurelian

I guess sometimes it’s OK to walkaway.

Matthew 10:14 - “And if some home or town will not welcome you or listen to you, then leave that place and shake the dust off your feet.”

While posting the URL of another (usually non-Catholic) webforum from which you were unceremoniously (and in your mind, unjustly) banned, may not be intended (on your part) to encourage others to swarm that site, with an eye to “teaching” them a thing or two about Catholicism, it is not infrequently the result.

In an effort to illuminate and explain the Catholic faith, CA makes every effort to provide our participants with a pleasant and informative place on the internet where Catholics and non-Catholics may gather.

It is our hope that respectful dialogue and discussion will lead to better faith understandings. And so in charity, we ask that our forums not be used for encouraging mass visits to other webforums. In the past these kinds of efforts, although perhaps well intentioned, leave participants at other websites with negative impressions. Additionally, it is not unknown to result in reciprocal swarming of our site - which disrupts respectful and charitable discourse, discussion, and debate - and does nothing to model charity on anyone’s part.

God bless-

Rachel

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.