Carnal Rage in Popular Media

What do you think about carnal rage in different forms of media today? Does it have any redeeming value whatsoever?

Joshua

[quote="joshrp, post:1, topic:253303"]
What do you think about carnal rage in different forms of media today? Does it have any redeeming value whatsoever?

Joshua

[/quote]

I stopped worrying. The human person has got an internal balance that puts equilibrium in everything.

After all, from nakedness onwards, there is nothing. And if there is nothing new, people get fed up.

I tell you, I spent one weekend in morocco, recently and I was surprised how beatiful arab women looked in their long dresses, full of color. The ones I did not like were the ones with Burkha but the others, i tell you amazingly beautiful.

Sometimes, women discover their bodies but for some of them, it would be better that thwy would use long dresses !!!

[quote="Pfaffenhoffen, post:2, topic:253303"]
I stopped worrying. The human person has got an internal balance that puts equilibrium in everything.

After all, from nakedness onwards, there is nothing. And if there is nothing new, people get fed up.

I tell you, I spent one weekend in morocco, recently and I was surprised how beatiful arab women looked in their long dresses, full of color. The ones I did not like were the ones with Burkha but the others, i tell you amazingly beautiful.

Sometimes, women discover their bodies but for some of them, it would be better that thwy would use long dresses !!!

[/quote]

I just think that people can use art to hurt others. Maybe they don't do it intentionally, but you what you say and do in your art can destroy people mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.

Carnal rage?

[quote="jwakja, post:4, topic:253303"]
Carnal rage?

[/quote]

I'm confused too. Does the OP mean "the prevalence of wrath in the media"?

[quote="jwakja, post:4, topic:253303"]
Carnal rage?

[/quote]

Perhaps he means the band, Carnal Rage. :shrug:

Carnal rage? As opposed to, say, spiritual rage? Or just plain rage?
Somebody will have to explain the term.

Hmmm, don't know.

Carnal:
a : relating to or given to crude bodily pleasures and appetites b : marked by sexuality <carnal love>

: bodily, corporeal

a : temporal <carnal weapons> b : worldly

car·nal·i·ty \kär-ˈna-lə-tē\ noun
car·nal·ly \ˈkär-nə-lē\ adverb

Rage:
a : violent and uncontrolled anger b : a fit of violent wrath c archaic : insanity

: violent action (as of wind or sea)

: an intense feeling : passion

: a fad pursued with intense enthusiasm

So combining them, you get "bodily violence" or "bodily action" or "bodily passion".....

So are you talking about rape? Fighting? Please explain.

I'm also curious as to what the OP means by "Carnal rage."

Does it mean some sort of sexual violence?

Some sort of extreme sexual promiscuity?

Please elaborate, OP.

Thanks in advance.

[quote="OrdinaryMelkite, post:9, topic:253303"]
I'm also curious as to what the OP means by "Carnal rage."

Does it mean some sort of sexual violence?

Some sort of extreme sexual promiscuity?

Please elaborate, OP.

Thanks in advance.

[/quote]

I guess any sort of idea that it is okay to hate certain people. I think that might be what I am saying.

[quote="joshrp, post:10, topic:253303"]
I guess any sort of idea that it is okay to hate certain people. I think that might be what I am saying.

[/quote]

So why don't you just use the term "discrimination"?

[quote="curlycool89, post:11, topic:253303"]
So why don't you just use the term "discrimination"?

[/quote]

Discrimination is just kind of a weak word. It doesn't really describe what the problem is. The problem is outright hatred of a person, no matter for what reason. You can use discrimination for purposes of discerning who you listen to or spend time with for justified reasons. If a person is a criminal, you can choose not to go near them, as long as you don't hate them, and don't demonize them, but rather treat them as a child of God with the ability to repent with God's grace.

Can you give us a specific example of "carnal rage" that you see in the media? Maybe that would help.

[quote="PatriceA, post:13, topic:253303"]
Can you give us a specific example of "carnal rage" that you see in the media? Maybe that would help.

[/quote]

People playing Call of Duty.

[quote="joshrp, post:14, topic:253303"]
People playing Call of Duty.

[/quote]

My sons play Call of Duty. What is the problem?

[quote="Catholic90, post:15, topic:253303"]

[/quote]

Ditto, what is the problem? Our military use similar games for training.

[quote="Catholic90, post:15, topic:253303"]

[/quote]

Are they swearing at each other and calling each other vile things while they are playing it.

Everyone I know who plays these games doesn't just play. They are acting out in rage towards each other. The kind of language I hear when people play these games is disgusting. Maybe your kids don't do it. But I am wondering why it seems to encourage this kind of rage in a lot of people. What is the obsession with wanting to shoot people for fun? You don't shoot people for fun. Why would you want to pretend to do that?

[quote="PatriceA, post:16, topic:253303"]
Ditto, what is the problem? Our military use similar games for training.

[/quote]

Well, they don't use it as a form of entertainment. Our soldiers shouldn't be killing for fun. They should only be doing it to defend our nation. What these games teach our children is that killing is fun.

[quote="joshrp, post:18, topic:253303"]
Well, they don't use it as a form of entertainment. Our soldiers shouldn't be killing for fun. They should only be doing it to defend our nation. What these games teach our children is that killing is fun.

[/quote]

Oh but it is. Look at sport hunting. :thumbsup:

[quote="Lost_Wanderer, post:19, topic:253303"]
Oh but it is. Look at sport hunting. :thumbsup:

[/quote]

Animals aren't human beings. And hunters shouldn't be killing for fun either. They should be killing for food.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.