Carnelians, sapphires, rubies, & carbuncles

In the Book of the Prophet Isaiah, Chapter 54, verses 11 and 12 state:
O afflicted one, storm-battered and unconsoled,
I lay your pavements in carnelians, and your foundations in sapphires;
I will make your battlements of rubies, your gates of carbuncles,
and all your walls of precious stones.
Please explain the usage of the precious stones in this text of the New Zion.:knight1::knight2:

** A Catholic totally destroys the protestant arguments in this recent Youtube debate. Here is the link…

youtube.com/watch?v=Qn1vC1Ez-OI **

I think the words poetically suggest a reversal of fortune for Zion. Though now afflicted, storm-battered and unconsoled, the LORD will make Zion so wealthy that even its pavements, foundations, walls, etc. will be made of precious stones. In the spiritual sense, the words refer to the Christian Church and its spiritual opulence. The LORD will bestow such an abundance of grace upon the Church that, if it were a city and God’s graces were precious stones, then it would be a city where even its pavements, foundations, walls, etc., would be made of precious stones.

Todd977, Thank you for explaining about the precious stones in a spiritual sense.:tiphat:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.