Cartoon contest in Iran...and the winner is...

The winner is a Morrocan who did a cartoon of Jews building a wall obscuring the temple mount, it has a picture of auschwitz on it. He received 12,000 dollars. Nice they have the money to spend on this kind of thing. It was a shining moment in religious and cultural sensitivity. It was in response to the Danish cartoon controversy. Although Iran says it will be held yearly “until the destruction of Israel.” I guess that would render it redundant. The French entry came in second, as usual, so no surprise there. They can’t even win an anti-semitic cartoon contest. The idea was to test Western tolerance and provoke us. And who said Muslims don’t have art?

Hmmm…no riots? No murders of innocent people? No burnings in effigy? No arson? Instead an lesson in free speech and true tolerance. But it goes right over their heads.

www.foxnews.com

I wonder if CNN or MSNBC ran the story. :hmmm:

Just think…cartoon…Iran…two words that say it all. :dancing:

I think the most hilarious part of this anti-Semitic cartoon contest, is that a group of Jews in Israel launched their own anti-Semitic cartoon contest in response to Iran, back in February.

The man who came up with the idea is Amitai Sandy from Tel Aviv, who explained his reasoning:

“We’ll show the world we can do the best, sharpest, most offensive Jew hating cartoons ever published!” said Sandy “No Iranian will beat us on our home turf!”

arabist.net/archives/2006/02/15/israeli-anti-semitic-cartoon-contest/

Apparently, in August the whole exhibition fell through, though:

boomka.org/

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.