Case Dropped Against McCabe

[N]o indictment was ever returned, leading to speculation that the grand jury took the rare step of rejecting charges.

I guess that’s one ham sandwich the prosecutors weren’t able to get indicted.

The decision to drop the criminal probe into McCabe’s actions will not mark the end of legal wrangling over his actions. He is suing the Justice Department, arguing that he was fired for political reasons and that officials short-circuited long established FBI and DOJ procedures to rush him out in order to appease the president.

More to come.

1 Like

He’ll get his full pension and maybe some punitive money, if that’s possible.

1 Like

“[T]he public is listening to what’s going on, and I don’t think people like the fact that you’ve got somebody at the top basically trying to dictate whether somebody should be prosecuted,” Walton told prosecutors when they asked for another delay in late September. “I just think it’s a banana republic when we go down that road and we have those type of statements being made that are conceivably—even if not—influencing the ultimate decision. I think there are a lot of people on the outside who perceive that there is undue, inappropriate pressure being brought to bear.”

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.