Case for Christianity flawed?

I recently read somethings about Christianity and Islam. Christians, including myself, make the case for Christianity by saying Jesus must have risen from the dead because of the early martyrs dying for the faith. But don’t Muslims die because they believe Mohammed ascended into heaven? Any info on this?

DU

Well, the thing about Muhammad may be true but-Jesus’ Ressurection had quite a few witnesses-the disciples plus Mary and Mary Magdalene (I think I heard he appeared to 500 once) as well as Paul in a vision. These people had nothing to gain by spreading a persecuted religion, and all to lose. Followers of Muhammad could have gained power since Islam was primarily spread by the sword in its early days. (not a bash at Islam) Just some thoughts.:thumbsup:

[quote=FuzzyBunny116]Well, the thing about Muhammad may be true but-Jesus’ Ressurection had quite a few witnesses-the disciples plus Mary and Mary Magdalene (I think I heard he appeared to 500 once) as well as Paul in a vision. These people had nothing to gain by spreading a persecuted religion, and all to lose. Followers of Muhammad could have gained power since Islam was primarily spread by the sword in its early days. (not a bash at Islam) Just some thoughts.:thumbsup:
[/quote]

Ah, and I just realized-he couldn’t have ascended into Heaven. To do that means he would have had to have done it under his own power. I don’t think Muhammad was given that sort of power.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.