Catching up

I was wondering. ya’ll know that I am converting and because of the late arival (i’m 20) I am quite behind were a catholic my age aught to be in one theological progression ( and plus I find it quite embarresing that I have to keep asking questions that I have the strange feeling I should already know by know but, anyway). So I was wondering if there was anything out there to help catch me up to snuff (in a true sense of understanding the faith and not just being able to quote the lines)?

First of all…
be sure to relax…
we are all in transformation…
you could actually be further along already than a 50 year old cradle Catholic…Matthew 20:1-16
The Catechism of the Catholic Church is a good foundation reading.

I was actually talking about this very issue today with a friend at work. I was saying that I wish I’d taken my religion classes more seriously as a kid, that there’s so much about my faith I don’t know (I’m practically a cradle Catholic). I’m 28, so I’ve gotten an even later start than you! He said that instead of looking on this as a bad thing, to realize that I can move forward in studying the faith. Good advice, I thought, and from a Baptist! :slight_smile:

Does your parish have a library? That was my first stop once I realized I need to get serious and I’ve learned a lot. A good website to check out would be www.amm.org/chss.htm

A baptist church near me has a sign out front right now saying “the man who moved a mountain began with a single stone.” Don’t get overwhelmed by the Catholic faith. Pick something in particular that interests you and go from there!

There are lots of ways to get informed.

One idea is just go through the Apologetics subforum and look into all the threads that look interesting.

[quote=Montie Claunch]I was wondering. ya’ll know that I am converting and because of the late arival (i’m 20) I am quite behind were a catholic my age aught to be in one theological progression
[/quote]

Hey, I only converted this year at the age of 28…so I am waaaaaay behind you.:smiley:

Catholicism isn’t like a summer school course where you can graduate after you have learned all of the material. Your entry into the Church will be the beginning of your journey!

Don’t stress. I am sure you are behind some Catholics your age, but I can guarantee that you are way ahead of others!

This forum was (and is) an excellent resource for me…keep asking here and don’t be embarrassed

Malia

Don’t feel bad. At age 42, I’m learning more about the Catholic Church and the faith I hold in the last several months than I did going through CCD (cradle Catholic here)! So technically, you’re waaaay ahead of me! LOL

Faith is a life-long journey. It has it’s ups and downs, it’s times of feeling far away from God, and it’s times of great closeness. Continue to learn what you can as life goes along, and you’ll come to love your faith more as it grows! :thumbsup:

Hi! I recommend getting Catholicism for Dummies, watching EWTN, and going through all of Catholic Answers webpage. Of course not all at once, just go at your own pace and have fun :slight_smile:

Also look at your parish look at the church bulliten and parish website, take note of the parish ministries and don’t be afraid to join up when your ready.

closed #8

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.