Catechism of Trent?

**What do you think of the Catechism of Trent? How does it compare to the CCC? Is it Ok to use it instead of the CCC? **

Just curious…

The Catechism from Trent may not cover as many things as the current Catechism, but I think it’s probably more tightly written.

[quote=Catholic Heart]**What do you think of the Catechism of Trent? How does it compare to the CCC? Is it Ok to use it instead of the CCC? **

Just curious…
[/quote]

The Catechism of Trent is quoted by the CCC. I believe it is a great reference to use along with the CCC. What is interesting is that both are arranged in the same manner.

The Catechism of Trent is still perfectly fine to use as a tool for studying the faith–moral truths never change–but I wouldn’t recommend using it instead of the CCC. The CCC goes into more depth in some areas, and has the benefit of almost 500 more years of deeper theological insight and reflection. If you would like to compare the two, the easiest way is to look through the online Nazareth Master Catechism:
cin.org/users/james/ebooks/master/master2.htm

This page not only includes the Trent Catechism and CCC, it has online copies of the Aquinas, Baltimore and Pius X Catechisms as well.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.