Catechism referances for:

Can someone point to paragraphs in the Catechism that explain or promote or refute the concepts of:

The Perpetual church
Holy Spirit a being, not a force

Judging according to deeds
Health and Wealth Gospel

I’ve found all kinds of scripture for all of these but when asked “Well, what does the Church teach?” I’m at a loss.

Any help will be a blessing!

This may help ???

Go to the Index of Citations in the Catechism of the Catholic Church, Second Edition. It starts with Genesis on page 689. On that page is a brief guide to using this Index. All the Scripture references that are used in the Catechism are listed as well as other significant documents. Take your list of Scripture verses and check the Index of Citations to find the CCC paragraphs which use them.

Another suggestion is to first read CCC 20-21 which explains small print.

Ahhh… this is it!

usccb.org/beliefs-and-teachings/what-we-believe/catechism/catechism-of-the-catholic-church/epub/OEBPS/43-index_cit.xhtml#index_cit

Took some searching but this will do!

Hmmm… or not.

The USSCB site citations stop at Luke… Do I take this to mean the catechism cites nothing after that in the New Testament or have the Bishops simply not completed their listing?

More digging to be done…

I am sure the USCCB link is still in progress.

You can find a fuller exposition of these corresponding verses in the CCC.

If you have the English CCC (the green version), go to pages 689-720.

Hope this helps.

God bless.

Cathoholic

The Index of Citations, page 689, in the Catechism of the Catholic Church, Second Edition is complete.

Use the Contents menu on the left side of this link. Keep scrolling down. It looks like there are three sections to the complete Index of Citations which is very close to the bottom.

usccb.org/beliefs-and-teachings/what-we-believe/catechism/catechism-of-the-catholic-church/epub/index.cfm

You can also try these general links.

usccb.org/beliefs-and-teachings/what-we-believe/catechism/catechism-of-the-catholic-church/

scborromeo.org/ccc.htm

My apology for not testing these links first. I need to leave for a commitment. :o

My apologies for not looking closer. I found that indeed there are three sections on the bishops web site and they contain all that I need. Googled the heck out of this and couldn’t find anywhere that listed this type of index. Thanks so much for getting me on the right track! It’s a HUGE help!

By the way, I’m working on a web based project so the links are very important as well as the actual paragraph numbers.

God Bless!

Michael Hager

Seek and you shall find. :smiley:

closed #9

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.