catechism

I don't know if this is the right forum for this or not. What did we do before the catechism? DIdn't Jesus come to write the law on our hearts. Everytime I have went to confession one of the last things the priest tells me is follow your conscious. What does he mean by that? Is the catechism a starting place. Kind of a platform for us to jump from. In mortal sin I didn't know if the holy spirit speaks to us or not.

[quote="billcu1, post:1, topic:309699"]
Everytime I have went to confession one of the last things the priest tells me is follow your conscious. What does he mean by that?

[/quote]

I think it is a compliment. He must think your conscience is trustworthy.

I don't know if this is the right forum for this or not. What did we do before the catechism?

[/quote]

There have always been catechisms, just as there has always been catechesis. The from the first century is the first known catechism-- which is simply a summary of Church teachings used as an aid in teaching others about the faith.

DIdn't Jesus come to write the law on our hearts.

[/quote]

Yes, he did comes to give us the Law of Love and to enter our hearts through the grace of the sacraments.

Everytime I have went to confession one of the last things the priest tells me is follow your conscious. What does he mean by that? Is the catechism a starting place. Kind of a platform for us to jump from. In mortal sin I didn't know if the holy spirit speaks to us or not.

[/quote]

We must form our conscience, and the catechism can assist us in that.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.