Catholic Answers Apologetics Book(let) Series

Has anyone used any of the Beginning Apologetics 9-Book Series as part of a group study program. I am trying to formulate a group were Apologetics would be one part of a multi-faceted study group.

PF

[quote=WanderAimlessly]Has anyone used any of the Beginning Apologetics 9-Book Series as part of a group study program. I am trying to formulate a group were Apologetics would be one part of a multi-faceted study group.

PF
[/quote]

My wife and I just finished leading a 12 week study using the first book. We met every Wednesday for 2 hours–the first hour I gave an overview of the topic covering the basics of Catholic teaching on the the night’s topic and some things I thought the book didn’t cover as well as it could have. The second hour we went through the questions out of the supplementary Study Guide. I handed out copies of my outlines and supplementary articles as I thought necessary, depending on the complexity of the topic.

We averaged from 10-15 people a session, which we considered a good turnout since it was summer and a lot of people were on vacation, etc. We had a lot of good discussion and fun, and people say they learned a lot. Some even said they’d go through the whole thing again! We even had one person join RCIA as a result of the appreciation of the Faith he gained from the class. We are thinking about doing a fall session – after we take a break!

WanderAimlessly:

We’ve used one of the books last fall on the Holy Eucharist as a basis of talks for 12 year old boys. At first I thought it would be too technical. To my happy surprise, it’s just right when we allow them to read it and we explain in depth.

It is excellent and concise. Highly recommend it.

in Christ.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.