Catholic answers tracts- help would be great

Guys,

I have a math teacher, he is italian(english speaker, but would probably comprehend much better in Italian)

He was once Catholic but four years ago he converted to the Jehovah Witnesses.

I would really like to give him some of the Catholic Answers tracts and anything other useful information in Italian so he can comprehend it. I am really trying to do my best to bring him back.

Here’s his story: He was Catholic until 4 years ago when his mother died( I think that had an effect on him that made him do this) and basically he converted. He has a very anti-Catholic bias, I guess this is because of the fact that when you give up something you beleive your entire life you have to justify it, saying the Church is corrupt is a good way of doing that.

I am hoping that if I can shed some light on the incorrect beliefs of the Watchtower Society it will yield positive results.

To summise, any advice on how to handle this would be good, and the tracts or anything else in Italian is great.

Thanks
Andrew

The library has complete text of several CA tracts on JW. You can order these also. But they are in English.

Here is a link from the main site, check it out:

catholic.com/library/Are_They_Awake_on_the_Watchtower.asp

catholic.com/library/Distinctive_Beliefs_of_Jehovahs.asp

catholic.com/library/God_of_the_Jehovah_Witnesses.asp

catholic.com/library/History_of_the_Jehovah_Witnesesses.asp

catholic.com/library/More_Stumpers_for_Jehovah_Wit.asp

catholic.com/library/Strategies_of_Jehovah_Witness.asp

catholic.com/library/Stumpers_for_Jehovah_Witnesse.asp

Look up some scriptures like for instance they enjoy refuting the
Holy Trinity. Here is a list of scritpures proving the Holy Trinity
is a fact:

Mt. 28:19, Jn 14: 26 and 15: 26, 2 Cor 13: 14 and 1 Pe 1:2.
Jn 1: 1-2, 14 and 18,
Jn 3: 3, 5, 7, 15 - 16
Jn 5: 18
Jn 6: 29
Jn 10:30
Jn 14: 6 - 10, 16 - 17
Hebrews 10: 15 - 18
1 Pe 3: 18 - 19
1 Jn 5: 20 and 6 - 8
Rev 19: 11 - 16 and 22: 12 - 17

Thanks Guys for the help so far.

Thanks for the links to the tracts( I have already printed these out :p)
are those tracts available in Italian., like I said above he understands english but if I could give him something in Italian I think it would be better received.

Andrew, you should also find this site helpful:

catholicxjw.com/

[quote=Marilena]Look up some scriptures like for instance they enjoy refuting the
Holy Trinity. Here is a list of scritpures proving the Holy Trinity
is a fact:

Mt. 28:19, Jn 14: 26 and 15: 26, 2 Cor 13: 14 and 1 Pe 1:2.
Jn 1: 1-2, 14 and 18,
Jn 3: 3, 5, 7, 15 - 16
Jn 5: 18
Jn 6: 29
Jn 10:30
Jn 14: 6 - 10, 16 - 17
Hebrews 10: 15 - 18
1 Pe 3: 18 - 19
1 Jn 5: 20 and 6 - 8
Rev 19: 11 - 16 and 22: 12 - 17
[/quote]

Acctually they did their own “translation” in which they changed words around to suit their dogmas. They changed “the word was with God, and the word was God” to “and the word was A god” saying that Jesus was a second and inferior God and they do that throughout the bible.
Though an interesting fact is they acctualy came out with a bible that shows what they say and what the greek text (both the actual greek and the correct meaning of it) side by side. If you can find this you could say “here is what JW say but, what does the bible actually say…” and scince it is something that the JW church offically puts out (kinda like the CCC in the Catholic Church) which would make it hard for them to shake off as “heathen lies” and also be ready with why accept the Deutrocannonical books.
Use that and their magazine to show their errors and that might help. But, until you correct him on translations he could say that any non-JW translation is corrupt and he doesn’t have to listen so one must establish that first and formost.
Theirs is the “New World Translation” I think, If I am wrong I am sure someone will correct me on that, it has been a few months that I listened to anything about them.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.