Catholic Apologetic Site for Filipinos

I created my own website and its www.geocities.com/kat_holos/rcc. For english-speaking people, sorry you’ll never understand it since its written in tagalog. I’m planning to further revise it. And by the way, I’m not a priest and I don’t even have a formal schooling in theology, but I’ve tried to study my catechism and I’ve read a lot of books about theology and apologetics and a lot of bible commentaries. Our bishops here are more concerned with politics than in guarding and defending our faith, so I took the initiative even if I’m not a theologian - in fact I’m just a 3rd year medical student. :smiley:

[quote=kat_holos]I created my own website and its www.geocities.com/kat_holos/rcc. For english-speaking people, sorry you’ll never understand it since its written in tagalog. I’m planning to further revise it. And by the way, I’m not a priest and I don’t even have a formal schooling in theology, but I’ve tried to study my catechism and I’ve read a lot of books about theology and apologetics and a lot of bible commentaries. Our bishops here are more concerned with politics than in guarding and defending our faith, so I took the initiative even if I’m not a theologian - in fact I’m just a 3rd year medical student. :smiley:
[/quote]

Good for you, kat holos! My wife is filipina and she would affirm your sentiments. Here in the States, Filipinos are often the back-bone of the parish, being involved in many levels of parish life both spiritual and educational. Give me an army of Filipinos that are well-educated in the Faith and on fire for the Lord, and I could conquer the world for Christ! :thumbsup:

[quote=Fidelis]Good for you, kat holos! My wife is filipina and she would affirm your sentiments. Here in the States, Filipinos are often the back-bone of the parish, being involved in many levels of parish life both spiritual and educational. Give me an army of Filipinos that are well-educated in the Faith and on fire for the Lord, and I could conquer the world for Christ! :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Thanks for the voe of confidence fo us! Yes, Filipinos have been the backbone of parish life not only there in the U.S., but even in Europe. Many Filipinos go abroad as overseas workers, and they take their faith along with them, so much so that they fill up the parishes of an almost-desolate Europe. So your sentiment is very well-placed.

I am Sticking this thread for our FilAm members…
God bless!
Michael Francis

[quote=kat_holos]I created my own website and its www.geocities.com/kat_holos/rcc. For english-speaking people, sorry you’ll never understand it since its written in tagalog. I’m planning to further revise it. And by the way, I’m not a priest and I don’t even have a formal schooling in theology, but I’ve tried to study my catechism and I’ve read a lot of books about theology and apologetics and a lot of bible commentaries. Our bishops here are more concerned with politics than in guarding and defending our faith, so I took the initiative even if I’m not a theologian - in fact I’m just a 3rd year medical student. :smiley:
[/quote]

Good work on the site. Update us here as well when you make additions on the site. Why not join us here on as well, since there are a number of Filipinos here?

[quote=Milliardo]Good work on the site. Update us here as well when you make additions on the site. Why not join us here on as well, since there are a number of Filipinos here?
[/quote]

Yep yep yep. Yep yep yep. Count me in. Nice site Kat_holos.

Mabuhay ang pananampalatayang katoliko sa bayang Pilipinas at sa mga kababayan sa mundo!!

It’s great to know that there are Filipinos out there who are keeping the faith. Alot of our peoples are falling so gradually into other sects such as those of the Evangelicals and the Mormons! T__T

Good job!

Count me in.

We as a nation have great love for Christ but we lack the theological and apologetic side. I hope your site helps in bridging this gap.

in XT.

we filipinos really need help in defending the faith in our country,
We are under attack by protestant denominations.

[quote=AquinasXVI]Count me in.

We as a nation have great love for Christ but we lack the theological and apologetic side. I hope your site helps in bridging this gap.

in XT.
[/quote]

it’s good to hear that…bec there are only few **PINOY CATHOLIC ** APOLOGETICAL WEBSITES…Here in Cebu city, we have an organization mainly for apologetics the"C.F.D or catholic faith defenders inc."which is fully registered in the securities and exchange commission(SEC).it started around 60’s.There in Manila, I guess you have also an organization(st. peter mens society),right?i hope you would post a discussion board in your website… I congratulate you…GOD BLESS!!!

Thank you for creating this Filipino web site. I am a Filipino and active in apologetic apostolate. In fact, am the National Vice President of the organization: Catholic Faith Defenders Inc. I hope to keeping in touch with you always for we are in thesame interest. We also engage in public fora, formal debates, radio and tv discussions to defend the Catholic Faith.

My apologetics activivities is based in Mindanao and Visayas areas.

I know that in USA you are so updated, while here in Mindanao we often used obsolete books. I hope you can help us here, and become the instrument of convertions of souls to the Catholic Church.

God bless you always

[quote=Cleb Calimutan]Thank you for creating this Filipino web site. I am a Filipino and active in apologetic apostolate. In fact, am the National Vice President of the organization: Catholic Faith Defenders Inc. I hope to keeping in touch with you always for we are in thesame interest. We also engage in public fora, formal debates, radio and tv discussions to defend the Catholic Faith.
[/quote]

Interesting that there is something like this here in the Philippines. How long has your org been active in this ministry?

wow! i never thought that the day would come…
this can be of great help here in the philippines, especially with all those sects popping like mushrooms every day or week.
three cheers for the person who thought about it!

[quote=Milliardo]Thanks for the voe of confidence fo us! Yes, Filipinos have been the backbone of parish life not only there in the U.S., but even in Europe. Many Filipinos go abroad as overseas workers, and they take their faith along with them, so much so that they fill up the parishes of an almost-desolate Europe. So your sentiment is very well-placed.
[/quote]

yeah even the INCs are spreading their faith in America and Europe through their OFWs, I saw this in their documentary in their cable channel. I say let’s stop this false religion in our homeland before they infect the entire world

[quote=kat_holos]I created my own website and its www.geocities.com/kat_holos/rcc. Our bishops here are more concerned with politics than in guarding and defending our faith, so I took the initiative even if I’m not a theologian - in fact I’m just a 3rd year medical student. :smiley:
[/quote]

Yeah our bishops are more interested in politics. They do not know that everytime their attention goes to politics, the wolves come in and take the sheeps away.

[quote=Fidelis]Good for you, kat holos! My wife is filipina and she would affirm your sentiments. Here in the States, Filipinos are often the back-bone of the parish, being involved in many levels of parish life both spiritual and educational. Give me an army of Filipinos that are well-educated in the Faith and on fire for the Lord, and I could conquer the world for Christ! :thumbsup:
[/quote]

An army of Filipinos… what is your Battle Plan? hehe

I hope that through the beautiful examples of Filipinos flocking to the Church every Sunday, the americans would imitate them to do the same

I am from Pampanga, the province where Felix Manalo first started his Iglesia ni Cristo, and also the home base of Eli Soriano and his fast growing sect “Ang Dating Daan.” I am suprised that a lot of educated Catholic people that I know have left RCC here in Pampanga and joined Eli Soriano.

But I think the Catholic Philippines should also defend itself from encroachments of abortion, euthanasia, contraception and population control, gay marriage, and divorce. I think we are the last Catholic country not to legalize divorce. We should stop those anti-life bills from being passed in Congress by the Radical Lefts.We are the bastion of Catholic faith in the East, we must bring hope to the World

I hope I could also network with other fellow kapampangan apologists here if there are some :slight_smile:

Just curious–why is this a “sticky” thread? And, indeed, what does “sticky” mean?

monina

Great site! I’m a state-side born filipina, and don’t know any Tagalog, but I’ll be referring your site to my family and friends. :thumbsup:

It is kinda sad to see so many Filipinos here in the US who were brought up in the Faith, but have left because they didn’t truly understand what a wonderful gift they received from their parents.

God Bless You!

[quote=monina]Just curious–why is this a “sticky” thread? And, indeed, what does “sticky” mean?

monina
[/quote]

It’s a sticky thread because it’s addressed to Fil-Ams, who might need or would want to visit a Filipino Apologetics site. Why is it called “sticky”? Well, if you know those post-it papers, they’re sticky in a way, so then this is also sort of like that…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.