Catholic Bible Study

Can anyone recommend a Catholic Bible Study series you have used that you liked?

I am trying to find one to use for a women’s study group at our parish.

I am not near any store that would sell one that I can look through, and a couple things I have ordered online weren’t quite what I had expected, so am looking for recommnedations.

I thought one study I had attended briefly at another parish had printed off some study materials for a new testament book I thought it was EWTN, but could not find it on their website.

Thanks!

Depends on how much You are ready to pay. I find Verbum Basic very good: logos.com/catholic#compare
… it’s still offered at a discounted price for a limited time. $229.47.

I really enjoy Jeff Cavin’s studies biblestudyforcatholics.com/. He has so many wonderful studies that really gets you into Sacred Scripture. I love having Scripture to back up my faith!

I second this! I’m currently leading the Bible Timeline for the third time in our parish and the most common response I hear is that they wish they would have had this when they were in school.

I can’t say enough about his program.

If you’re interested in a Catholic Bible Study specifically geared towards women, I would recommend either Stacy Mitch’s Courageous series:
[LIST]
*]Courageous Women
*]Courageous Virtue
*]Courageous Love
*]Courageous Generosity
[/LIST]
or Kimberly Hahn’s series on Proverbs 31:
[LIST]
*]Chosen and Cherished
*]Graced and Gifted
*]Beloved and Blessed
*]Legacy of Love
[/LIST]
Each of the books in Hahn’s series has a corresponding DVD set, if you are interested in going that route.

You can’t go wrong with Jeff Cavins’ Bible Timeline series though.

Ditto ! I’ve gone through Acts, Matthew, and now Bible Timeline. All have been excellent!

I belong to a small group bible study, and we’ve done “The Lamb’s Supper” by Scott Hahn and now we’re doing “The Year of Faith” by Fr. Mitch Pacwa.

this is not a direct answer to the question, but you might look at Scott Hahn’s website www.salvationhistory.com

Pope Benedict’s three books on Jesus of Nazareth are very edifying, but you might not necessarily understand all the issues he is dealing with. He’s at least partially refuting people (like those who subscribe to exaggerated historical criticism).

pray that God would give us more saints who might teach us and inspire us about the Word and Will of God.

The Jeff Cavins ones are great, and they’re ready to go, easy to present.

As others have said, the best are the ones from Jeff Cavins at biblestudyforcatholics.com.

I have been leading these studies for three years.

-Tim-

closed #11

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.