Catholic Calendars

For the first time since I can remember our church did not have any calendars this year. I think because we are closing in 6 months and did not invest in having any produced. Does anyone know where you can get catholic calendars? :)

At our parish, we have them sitting on little tables near the holy water font. I’ll bet other churches have them just sitting around for the taking too.

Ours are printed by a local funeral home. The parish doesn’t pay for them at all. I would think if we were closing, the funeral home would probably spend its advertising dollars elsewhere.

We are closing but we are merging with St. Bernard’s here in town. I don’t know if they had any calendars or not. I didn’t find anything here at the Catholic Answers Shop. I’ll keep looking.

Every parish I know of gets its calendars from the local funeral home (whether or not it is a Catholic mortuary.) Perhaps you could inquire at a local mortuary as to where they get the calendars.

The Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, DC, puts out a beautiful calendar of “Our Lady in Art.” It’s available for a donation from nationalshrine.com/site/c.osJRKVPBJnH/b.4804409/k.D95E/Our_Lady_In_Art_2010_Calendar.htm

Betsy

What a beautiful fresco from your church! What a shame so many in the NE are shutting down.

As an answer to your post, I will offer a couple links.

TAN offers several: tanbooks.com/index.php/page/shop:browse/category_id/25/

Catholic Extension(My church purchased the first one on saints. It's beautiful): catholicextension.org/calendars/

the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington has a beautiful calendar with classic artwork of Our Lady which you can probably get with a small donation, they send me one each year. Neighboring parishes may have one. most Catholic gift stores should also have them

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.