Catholic Cardinal: A Sin to Cooperate With Obama Mandate

The Vatican -- A leading Catholic cardinal at the Vatican has essentially said that complying the with Obama birth control mandate would have Catholics and Catholic organizations participating in sin.

lifenews.com/2012/04/10/catholic-cardinal-a-sin-to-cooperate-with-obama-mandate/

[quote="juliee, post:1, topic:280291"]

The Vatican -- A leading Catholic cardinal at the Vatican has essentially said that complying the with Obama birth control mandate would have Catholics and Catholic organizations participating in sin.

lifenews.com/2012/04/10/catholic-cardinal-a-sin-to-cooperate-with-obama-mandate/

[/quote]

I'm so happy to see faithful clergy standing up for Christ's truths!

[quote="juliee, post:1, topic:280291"]

[/quote]

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, governments motivated by greed, contemporary social trends and winning the next election are constantly producing kneejerk, poorly conceived, immoral and unethical legislation. Consequently, such governments and the Catholic Church are on a MAJOR collision course. Such governments will use false philosophies and propaganda campaigns intended to demonise the church, using the popular media that I am increasingly becoming convinced that they control, in order to perpetuate their opulent lifestyles at the expense of the less affluent majority. And so will escalate the persecution of the Catholic Church. God will see us through!

God bless

[quote="Stumblesalot, post:3, topic:280291"]
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, governments motivated by greed, contemporary social trends and winning the next election are constantly producing kneejerk, poorly conceived, immoral and unethical legislation. Consequently, such governments and the Catholic Church are on a MAJOR collision course. Such governments will use false philosophies and propaganda campaigns intended to demonise the church, using the popular media that I am increasingly becoming convinced that they control, in order to perpetuate their opulent lifestyles at the expense of the less affluent majority. And so will escalate the persecution of the Catholic Church. God will see us through!

God bless

[/quote]

Stumblesalot, you are right. We must stand up for our beliefs despite governments, media, etc. Unfortunately, it is open season on Catholics right now. I belonged to a petition website whose main story today was "women bashing" by the Church. In response, around 150 comments were sent in. They turned out to be the most hateful, vitriolic, foul-mouthed posts I have ever seen. Why is it still acceptable to denigrate our religion? This country would not tolerate such nonsense if it were directed at anyone else save us. We are being persecuted; I suppose our best weapon is prayer...

[quote="NeedsMercy, post:4, topic:280291"]
Stumblesalot, you are right. We must stand up for our beliefs despite governments, media, etc. Unfortunately, it is open season on Catholics right now. I belonged to a petition website whose main story today was "women bashing" by the Church. In response, around 150 comments were sent in. They turned out to be the most hateful, vitriolic, foul-mouthed posts I have ever seen. Why is it still acceptable to denigrate our religion? This country would not tolerate such nonsense if it were directed at anyone else save us. We are being persecuted; I suppose our best weapon is prayer...

[/quote]

Hi,

It is as predicted by Christ. The ‘enemy’ knows exactly who we are, namely the true faith, and will do everything in his power to bring about the downfall of the true church. However, he will fail. I completely agree that is open season on Catholicism at the moment, we must just keep faith and continue to pray.:thumbsup:

God bless

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.