Catholic church in medieval times

Can anyone suggest any good research sites on this as I have to do some research on this I would be very grateful thank you for your time very much appreciated. :slight_smile:

Seems to me this is in the wrong sub-forum.

images.trvl-media.com/media/content/shared/images/travelguides/destination/7139/Medieval-Times-21153.jpg

I’ve never seen a Catholic Church at Medieval Times :confused::smiley:

Its my chosen topic I have to do some research and I would like to know which sites are really good as I cant find much. I would be very grateful thank you.

This site has some articles on the subject. Beyond that, you’re talking about a multi-century period of time. You need to narrow down the scope of your research so we can help you better. There are just way too many topics for any one books to cover “The Church in the Medieval Period.”

What is the specific point of your interest?

I chose this topic because it sounds very interesting to me :slight_smile:

Since I have been recommending the heck out of this book, I shall once again highly recommend Where We Got The Bible by Bishop Henry G. Graham. It is a very quick read, and is practical and logical rather than scholarly, but does go into some detail regarding the Church between the settling of the canon of scripture and the reformation. Good used copies are very affordable at ThriftBooks and other outlets.

That is way too broad of a subject for someone in RCIA. I cant believe they expect this. :eek:

newadvent.org/cathen/
is a helpful site, it has many articles, many on the Middle Ages

The “Church” is in all the continents, “Medieval Times” is generally the 5th to the 15th century.

It’s like asking someone, please give me a soundbyte about the Universe. I need a short brief. :smiley:

It’s just a little too broad of a topic to get a single resource on.

Vatican.va probably has a large library of writings form religious figures during the period. You could study the development of the modern monastic movement, such as with the Benedictines and Dominicans. You could read the philosophy of St. Thomas Aquinas… You could learn about the foundations of the modern university system, which was born out of an offshoot of monastic life… There are just so many topics to cover in that period of time.

:rotfl:

My topic is Catholic church in medieval europe I have to do 2 paragraphs on it and I have to hand it in on sunday. Thank you everyone for your help on this I very much appreciate it.

I own a book titled Life in a Medieval Village by Frances and Joseph Gies which gives a lot of detail about the Church and it’s role in daily life.

Roughly from Augustine to Aquinas, so there is plenty of meat available for two paragraphs!

What’s wrong with Wikipedia? en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Catholic_Church

Is it just me or does it seem like someone is fishing for their homework to be done for them?

Just about everything, including the fact that there’s no real oversight, and verification of stated “facts” is tenuous and easy to fake.

Yes, many school will not accept Wikipedia as a reference on paper anymore, because anyone can edit their pages.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.