Catholic College

Hi,

Before I continue typing, I apologize if this topic is in the wrong forum or if any information is incorrect.

Two years from now, if God Wills, I will graduate from highschool, and will
enter Our Lady of Lebanon Maronite Seminary of Wasington D.C..

Our Lady of Lebanon Maronite Seminary offers undergraduates to study as Maronite seminarians at Catholic University of America. Would it be possible to study at another Catholic college while remaining a Maronite seminarian? I plan to major in theology at Franciscan University of Steubenville, however if Our Lady of Lebanon Maronite Seminary requires undergraduates to remain studying at Catholic Univeristy of America then I will remain there.

As a back-up plan, I may major in theology at Franciscan and then enter Our Lady of Lebanon Maronite Seminary.

Also, any advice is appreciated regarding Franciscan University of Steubenville and Catholic University of America.

Thank you,
God bless,
In Christ,
Golden :)

My friends that go to Catholic U really love it! Great culture there.

[quote="Hotgoldensun, post:1, topic:321880"]
Hi,

Before I continue typing, I apologize if this topic is in the wrong forum or if any information is incorrect.

Two years from now, if God Wills, I will graduate from highschool, and will
enter Our Lady of Lebanon Maronite Seminary of Wasington D.C..

Our Lady of Lebanon Maronite Seminary offers undergraduates to study as Maronite seminarians at Catholic University of America. Would it be possible to study at another Catholic college while remaining a Maronite seminarian? I plan to major in theology at Franciscan University of Steubenville, however if Our Lady of Lebanon Maronite Seminary requires undergraduates to remain studying at Catholic Univeristy of America then I will remain there.

As a back-up plan, I may major in theology at Franciscan and then enter Our Lady of Lebanon Maronite Seminary.

Also, any advice is appreciated regarding Franciscan University of Steubenville and Catholic University of America.

Thank you,
God bless,
In Christ,
Golden :)

[/quote]

I think you would need to discuss that with your vocation director or your Bishop. All the schools you mentioned are good schools. Catholic University is certainly top notch, I assume that it is more expensive than the others. Linus2nd

[quote="Hotgoldensun, post:1, topic:321880"]

[/quote]

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but freedom to choose where you study is one of the many things you have to give up as a seminarian!

I would advise against doing theology studies prior to entering the seminary - it just tends to be disruptive for everyone if your at a different stage in terms of academic formation to the rest of your classmates.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.