Catholic Confession is backed up by St. Paul

2 Col.
2:10. And to whom you have pardoned any thing, I also. For, what I have pardoned, if I have pardoned any thing, for your sakes have I done it in the person of Christ:

I also… The apostle here granted an indulgence, or pardon, in the person and by the authority of Christ, to the incestuous Corinthian, whom before he had put under penance, which pardon consisted in a releasing of part of the temporal punishment due to his sin.

newadvent.org/bible/2co002.htm

In Catholicsim we belive the preist have the same authority.

God bless,
Jon

Hello.
This is absolutely essential for the sacrament of confession. Also in John 20:28, I believe, confession is when Jesus breathed on The Apostles with The Holy Spirit, and said “What sins you forgive are forgive them, what sins you retain are retained.” This is also confession. It clearly shows The Sacrament of confession, but if you tell a non-Catholic this, they refuse to acknowlege this…

Amen…Amen:)

What a beautiful picture.:love:

For those who want to learn more about this topic, an excellent book I’m reading right now is Scott Hahn’s Lord, Have Mercy. Just fyi…

I’m in the middle of the same book. :slight_smile: He’s good.

Amen…amen…amen…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.